• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

I've only read good reviews for Wolfman products. I assume you get what you pay for as their products are pricey. I purchased Tusk gear in the past. Some held up nicely while some other things I thought were junk (aka Made in China)
I am the second owner of mine and it appears to be very well made.

thats the problem my stock muffler was gutted and the one i got from Plugeye is loud but works better than the gutted stock one. didn't know if there was a cheap knockoff out there that someone has used.

thats the problem my stock muffler was gutted and the one i got from Plugeye is loud but works better than the gutted stock one. didn't know if there was a cheap knockoff out there that someone has used.
You would more likely find a good used stock muffler that someone had replaced with an aftermarket one.

DG is one of the few... definitely louder than stock But they still make them.

How good is the zipper on the Wolfman? My Tusk zipper broke on my first trip.
We're running 4 Wolfman Enduro tank bags and tail bags on 4 DR650's . Very well made , no zipper issues. I give em a few squirts of silicone / teflon dry lube from time to time just like my Jeep soft top zippers.
The bag posted is the older style like we have. Now they're all rubber / waterproof.
$40 for that new one is unbelievable. Great score !

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

For DRZ owners....what is the best modification to a stock DRZ to improve the rpm range and speed? I have already switched to a 41 tooth rear sprocket, but Im looking for more ways to improve highway speed. Does the airbox mod, JD jet kit and new exhaust pipe improve it for that purpose? Have not invested that mod yet until I can confirm it will help in that department. Love the bike and want to get the most out of it. Thanks

I’ve read the big 3 mod significantly improves performance. I’m still reviewing full exhaust systems and which is best priced. So if you do this modification I’d love some feedback.

Wide ratio transmission...
Mr. Wolfen, Could you go into more detail for the novice mechanic that I am?

If your looking for top end speed than this is your best option http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html or Barker's https://barkersexhaust.com/collecti...ts/suzuki-dr-z-400-full-single-exhaust-system Keep in mind both will be considerable louder and lighter than you stock exhaust system.
BornAgain, thanks! Is there any advantage to one over the other, other than price? Also would like your thoughts on why you think these might be better than the big box manufactures like FMF. I also found this interesting on the MRD site: there is no down side to run the Z-PRO on a stock engine if you plan to do mods later.

Last edited:
Mr. Wolfen, Could you go into more detail for the novice mechanic that I am?

BornAgain, thanks! Is there any advantage to one over the other, other than price? Also would like your thoughts on why you think these might be better than the big box manufactures like FMF. I also found this interesting on the MRD site: there is no down side to run the Z-PRO on a stock engine if you plan to do mods later.
It's a complete transmission that requires case splitting.

@Jammin here on TWT currently owns the bike that Richard had the act gearing installed in, if i remember correctly.

Upgraded to a standard size seat concepts seat. Hoping this keeps things from going numb like the stock seat.
20201114_205058.jpg

I need one of those. I like that material, is that the standard material in different lighting or did you specify something special. Looks good.

Jasen, that is the standard seat. Best part of it is that you get all the grip. At the track you have to lift up a little to slide around. Great for reducing load on your arms with hard braking. I loved it. You had one on the 06 DR-Z we shared.

20180616_144403.jpg

I need one of those. I like that material, is that the standard material in different lighting or did you specify something special. Looks good.
I ordered from Rockymountainatvmc.com since they are so quick with shipping. It is the gripper top with carbon fiber sides. It measures 8.5" wide and the stock seat is 7.5" at the widest part. It is a big upgrade in comfort.

Anyone have suggestions on fuel tanks? I've been reading reviews on all of them. Some fit, some don't without modification. Some work with the stock petcock and some don't. Clarke, IMS, Acerbis.......

I would stay away from Clarke for a DRZ 400S. I couldn't get the choke to fully engage without doing some Southern Engineering on the Clarke tank.

I 've had much better luck with the Acerbis tank

Back