• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
You know you could also have slipped a piece of plastic or treated plywood in there. I can keep at this for a while. I am excited about getting the DR-Z back. Maybe I should go big bore and cams with an FCR-MX? Probably not, I did the 3X3 and rewired it, should be good enough. It does have a full RS-3 on it. Hopefully I will get her this week...

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
P.S. I may lower mine, haven't ever made my own spacers and rebuilt a rear shock. Got lots of time and figure I could pick one up off of ebay and go at it. The fork is easy. Then we could have a proper height bike for us short fellas. We will see.

Reaction score
Odd problem on lowering the DRZ: I can get one side of the links on, throw the two bolts through, but can't get the other side on. Seems to be off about 1/8" and there is nothing to budge. I'll try to post pics in the morning but I think something is bent. Worried that now that it is off I might not even get the original links back on.

Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Maybe there are no nice 650s. Ian you really need to control your bias. Happy New Year

I love my bias. I even have the T-shirt! I don't even own a compete one anymore...

Attachments

• PXL_20220115_033622830.jpg
    PXL_20220115_033622830.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 9

sandman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Odd problem on lowering the DRZ: I can get one side of the links on, throw the two bolts through, but can't get the other side on. Seems to be off about 1/8" and there is nothing to budge. I'll try to post pics in the morning but I think something is bent. Worried that now that it is off I might not even get the original links back on.
Mike - with the rear tire off the ground move it up and down until the bolts line up. It is much easier if you have two people.

Reaction score
Mike - with the rear tire off the ground move it up and down until the bolts line up. It is much easier if you have two people.
Thanks sandman. I've had help and the bolts are through the assembly doing that. I'm going to try again cause I see a gap where the bolts go in and it should be flush.

It's too cold in my garage today to work on it. I know January is national motorcycle repair month but not in my garage.

Reaction score
The lowering link is on. I took it all off and started again from scratch. Worked, don't know what was different. Ready for a decent day to test it out. Supposed to be 2" lower.