• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

Mine is freezing it's toes, er, tires off in Colorado. Going to be good to get back on it come warmer weather at 8700'.

I tend to ride the VStrom more in the colder months so I've been catching up on maintenance with the DRZ. I'll be ready for Spring!
003-1_zps28946cbd.jpg

My 2000 E model supermoto conversion. New 434 big bore, yosh billet cams, etc. Putting down about 48hp

0123131355_zps0f334e02.jpg

I bought my 2011 DRZ just before Christmas. I ony have 200 miles on her. work has been in the way but that is about to change. I too have been dumping cash on her. Heading out to Big Bend in March to give her a thrashing.
album.php

Went for a nice 50 mile ride on the DRZ this morning. It was interesting. At the gun range, gas station and Starbucks I had people stopping me to talk about the DRZ. I don't get that much attention on the FZ1.

Two guys at Starbucks were telling me they cant ride that type of bike because their legs are to short. They said they would have to get a smaller 250 or something. I asked them what heir inseam was and one guy said 30 and the other 31. I told them my inseam is 29". lol They stuck around to watch me jump on mine like a monkey, load the suspension so I could get a foot down and take off. They may be thinking about a DS after seeing how easy it is....

I have a (New in package) electic starter button that I will give away to someone that can use it....

Suzuki Part # 37310-29F00 $ 45.00 part

Should fit Kawasaki KlX 400 as well.

I am in Dallas.... If I ship it .... you pay postage

Greg

My DRZ is being fiddled with. I only put 250 miles on it last year. However the rally fairing is nearly done. New PR 3s ready to mount. Plus I met a couple folks who hang out at muenster. Time to ride the snot out of it

My DRZ is being fiddled with. I only put 250 miles on it last year. However the rally fairing is nearly done. New PR 3s ready to mount. Plus I met a couple folks who hang out at muenster. Time to ride the snot out of it

RRMT will sap the snot out of her, & you in the process

look for the RRMT thread

there are several of us who enjoy riding up there

sw

Still adding Farkles to mine. when will the madness stop.

Attachments

• DRZ_Knobbies.jpg
    DRZ_Knobbies.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 175
Still adding Farkles to mine. when will the madness stop.

NEVER!!!

just got my DR350 home w/ her new farkles

4.2 gal Clark tank(180 miles w/ fuel left showing)

headlight guard/front rack

side racks

tail rack

TEXAS side stand pad

DRZ tail light lens w/ license plate light underneath

Acerbis brush guards

Jagg oil cooler

Acerbis frame guards

K&N air filter

the racks were custom built by a TWT member, here in the DFW area & he is available

the Texas side stand pad is from the same fabricator

he put a Texas plate & a "W"(my initial) on both side racks, along w/ bungee hook/tie down loops

w/ a little more prepping, she will be ready for UNCLE'S AROUND THE BEND RALLY, in March

made a few afternoon rides out in the Trinity bottoms & she's not disappointed me yet

shiny side up

sw

Attachments

• 350 front.jpg
    350 front.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 350 front rack.jpeg
    350 front rack.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 350 r rear II.jpeg
    350 r rear II.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 350 l rear.jpeg
    350 l rear.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 350 Texas side stand pad.jpeg
    350 Texas side stand pad.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 166
Was going to get rid of the blister factories called stock grips on my DRZ and it looks like the throttle grip is bonded and moulded to the throttle tube? How the heck are you supposed to put a new set of grips on this bike?

i am, now, hearing folks use some kind of glue to affix their grips to the bars & throttle tubes

i have always used a lacquer thinner or acetone rinse, inside the grip, which softens/attacks the rubber and allows the grip to slip on smoothly &, when dried, causes the grip to STAY PUT

any other means of attaching will cause you to have to take an 911 AIRLINER HIJACKING TOOL (box knife) & cut the old grips off

once you remove as much of the old grip as possible, you have to use a solvent to remove what's left, sanding afterward to assure a clean surface for attachment of new grips

good luck

sw

I usually spray a little bit of my wife's hairspray inside the tube when I put new ones on. Helps it slide right on but eventually dries tacky. Come loose easy enough when you need to replace them.

Was going to get rid of the blister factories called stock grips on my DRZ and it looks like the throttle grip is bonded and moulded to the throttle tube? How the heck are you supposed to put a new set of grips on this bike?

Have a bench grinder and a wire wheel? If so, it will quickly remove that grip.

Razer knife works as well, but often results in a riding delay,,,, and a trip to the ER.

I decided to take the lazy route and order a new tube from thumpertalk.com.

a New OEM tube? or an aftermarket one?

If OEM, you just ordered a new right side grip with a glued on throttle tube.:-D

Back