• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The DR/DRZ Thread

Look into ODI lock-on grips next time. They come with the right grip molded to a new throttle tube and the left grip clamps onto the bars so they never slip, even when you dunk the bike the the creek, and you don't have to safety-wire them.

I have a older DR350 that has low miles. When did they start putting electric start on them? Is the DR650 much taller than the 350? I am already short but would like to upgrade soon to a larger but not much taller one. Drew

Installed the Race Tech springs this week and rode my DRZ today . Very nice. Now the bike can carry my weight when getting air.

Got my number plate graphics in today. Also learned the AP diaphram has a tear/hole in it. It leaks fuel from the vent line comng from the dry side of the diaphram.

0215131154_zpsa8d21563.jpg

A few new farkles and finally got the throttle tube in so I could replace the grips....

Will finish up the radiator this weekend.

Attachments

• DSC04697.jpg
    DSC04697.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC04698.jpg
    DSC04698.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04699.jpg
    DSC04699.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC04700.jpg
    DSC04700.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 146
Got the hoses on. Did not bother with the 3rd one up by the steering head since it cannot be seen ayway. Now I just need to get this thing dirty.

Attachments

• DSC04702.jpg
    DSC04702.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04701.jpg
    DSC04701.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 145
Anyone know a good suspension man for lowering the DRZ 2" in Houston area? I'm thinking about getting a brand new one. And eventhough the bike is just going to be a fire-road dualsport'er, I want to get the lowering done properly (i.e., no Kubo link) by professional.

Anyone know a good suspension man for lowering the DRZ 2" in Houston area? I'm thinking about getting a brand new one. And eventhough the bike is just going to be a fire-road dualsport'er, I want to get the lowering done properly (i.e., no Kubo link) by professional.

Not in Huston, but if your interested in shipping them (cheap walmart rifle case works well for a shock and set of fork legs)

Drop me a PM, I know a Local Texas guy :-D

Here's the latest incarnation. I am making sure I have any fitment issues dealt with before I put the final carbon/blue Kevlar layer on. The Kevlar is a **** so everything has to be right before installing it. I'm starting to run out of mods. Suspension next modded to "E" suspension already from the early "S". Then maybe the ACT(?) wide ratio transmission.

photo_zps6e9365b7.jpg

Motorcycles Unlimited can take care of you.

www.motorcycles-unlimited.com

I added a new DR650 to the stable this weekend. I rode it a 100 miles on Sunday and even with a strong wind it did fantastic on the road. With the windscreen, that I already had, it was as comfortable as my departed Versys.
I still have the DRZ400 and with all the mods it has it is definitely faster than the DR650 and way lighter. I hate taking the DRZ on paved roads though so the DR will now be my steed of choice if rides have any paved road.

dr_-albums-other-cars-picture62552-dr650se.jpg

Installed my Devol radiator guards. Thinking of having them anodized to match the other red fittings I have farkled it with.

Attachments

• DSC04704.jpg
    DSC04704.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC04703.jpg
    DSC04703.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 140
Nice looking guards. They don't look like they block much air. How thick are they? with the smaller area the don't look as bullet proof as the unabikers. But the unabikers drive my temps up by 5-8 degrees...

Nice looking guards. They don't look like they block much air. How thick are they? with the smaller area the don't look as bullet proof as the unabikers. But the unabikers drive my temps up by 5-8 degrees...

~1/8 aluminum. 3 mount points only. Same ones the radiator uses. These do not have support from the back side like some others so it is not going to provide a lot of extra support when dropped. We will see if I regret that later.

It is actually a cool design. The guard sits almost an inch in front of the radiator which allows much more air around the guard than the ones sitting almost flush. The flush mount ones actually block air going through some of the radiator fins.

They definitely look like they will address the majority of the problems. Any armour is better than none.

Can anone recommend and after market shifter lever for my DRZ that will actually clear the sprocket cover when raised up for riding while standing?

I had to remove my cover over the weekend when in Adventure Rider's Internation training session.

Attachments

• DSC04755.jpg
    DSC04755.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 147
the DR-TREE FIDDY performed wonderfully @ UNCLE'S AROUND THE BEND RALLY

the IRC GP-1 tires were on target

the 4.2gal fuel tank was never challenged(except when it had to share w/ a Honda)

her next trip was to RRMT where i ran into some of her weaknesses

the major one being the added weight of the extra fuel, high up

in the future, if i take her to RRMT, i will reduce the amount of fuel to less than 1/2 tank full/loop

all things considered, I AM REAL HAPPY W/ HER PERFORMANCE & RELYABILITY

Can anone recommend and after market shifter lever for my DRZ that will actually clear the sprocket cover when raised up for riding while standing?

I had to remove my cover over the weekend when in Adventure Rider's Internation training session.

I have an MSR but it took tweaking to get a little more clearance. It is generally good but if the shift rod is pushed in all the way it had light contact. That's mainly due to the case guards.

Good Looking DRZ and it has a kicker starter too!
I'm thinking a Kick start kit will be my next big farkel for my 06 DRZ.
I was in Sulphur Springs Sunday afternoon getting a TTR90 for my grandkids.
That town has really had a face lift since I used to go thru there in the late sixties on the way to Commerce.
We're gonna have to meet up and compare bikes, so I can what else I'm missing on mine.

Good Looking DRZ and it has a kicker starter too!
I'm thinking a Kick start kit will be my next big farkel for my 06 DRZ.
I was in Sulphur Springs Sunday afternoon getting a TTR90 for my grandkids.
That town has really had a face lift since I used to go thru there in the late sixties on the way to Commerce.
We're gonna have to meet up and compare bikes, so I can what else I'm missing on mine.

Thanks !

Back