• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Garage

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Well, I just put 3 bags in the freezer to get them ready for my next batch of wine. The production has slowed down a bit to about a 1/2 gallon bag in the morning's picking. But so far, 11.5 gallons picked this season. Gotta trade some out as Fig season about a month away and I have a tree load of them looking like.

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Finally, more mechanic type work besides making wine and picking berries ( season over ) and picking figs ( just getting started good ).
Been wanting to replace the steering wheel on my '03 Chevy Silverado 1500 as it was wearing a good groove where where I held it with my left fingers. So, Ebay sighting on a used leather unit with air bag and all for 100 bucks.

So it comes in and I'm gonna get it on quick as I have a couple steering wheel pullers.
WRONG! To YouTube I go and see where this guy made his own grinding some bolts. Well, off to Auto Zone I go and nada on having anything that would work. So, dig up a couple 5/16 by 1 1/2 bolts and nuts. Grind them to an oblong shape sticking out one side. UGH!!!!!!! Dummy, bolts too short to a set of 2" bolts and grind them. Cut a piece of 3/8 X 2 in flatbar and drilled holes for the bolts.
Get it rigged up , get a bind on it and tap it with a hammer and off it comes.
Now, the airbag connections are different so cut and butt connectors took care of that. Snap all into place, connect the battery. Horn works . Yea! Air bag light cycles and goes off, Yea! Start truck and turn it back and forth. All is good.
Now , next project is bottling some dew berry wine. LOL!

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Changing spark plugs and wires on my '03 Chevy 5.3 liter was not a lot of fun. And my arms had some battle scars. But, I do promise you it's still near a dozen times easier than my '03 Vette. Sigh.