• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Garage

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Have you ever walked into your garage and just thought " Sheesh, we full".
Suzie%20Vette%20%20Nitro-1.jpg

Yes, 3 motorcycles , 5 bicycles and a car. I think I can visualize room for one more motorcycle though...

my garage is so bad, I'm thinking a can of gas and a book of matches looks good.

My garage only has two motorcycles and no cars. But it has 4 bicycles, lumber rack, fridge, cabinet saw, 3 workbenches, router table, grinding station, drill press, two shelf units, 2 roll around tool boxes, dust collector, tire changing stand, helmet/mc rack, compressor, 80+ clamps and I'm sure I'm leaving out some other stuff big stuff.

6 bicycles
4 motorcycles
2 automobiles
and a partridge in a pear tree!

Yup. You are a piker when it comes to clutter, a problem that I'm slowly rectifying.

4 motorcycles, 3 trailbikes, a bicycle and all the associated trimmings. Its over full and I to organize it badly lol. Its not big so all three cars go outside.

Shop%201_1.jpg

And of course the Shope is mo better. LOL! But , only the bikes will go in there. KLR lives there, Suzy visits when she wants attention. LOL.

As time flies by and the old Vette goes and a newer one takes it place and of course any 14 yr old car needs love. Just completing a High Press Power Steering Hose change out. With a satisfied look about me.
AC%20and%20Vette%20job.jpg

Then a bit later when all is buttoned up and your just lounging with your hobbies. ;-)
IMG_0879-1.jpg

Nice! Been a vette guy all my life. Still miss each and every one I've let go over the years. I'm currently vetteless and the itch is starting again haha.

On the subject of garages (barn now) Every time I get a bigger garage I just fill it with more stuff...then say "When I get a bigger one I'm not going to cram it so full of stuff." I always manage to though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1 Motorcycle
1 Golf Cart
2 Bicycles
and a buttload of "stuff" that we've been moving from house to house since I left Tucson in 1981, some of which has NEVER been out of the moving box since those days.

Yep. I'm a hoarder.

The car lives outside.

5 motorcycles
4 Bicycles
1 Truck
1 Car
1 Jeep
and assorted parts tools and equipment to keep it all maintained and running

When I was in the navy I had six cars and a truck, all at one time. xD Oh, and a YSR50 'motorcycle' dem was the good ol' days. lol.

Figure I'll join in on the fun...

-4 motorcycles
-12 bicycles
-2 workbenches
-1 drill press
-1 refrigerator
-2 filing cabinets
.....and there's never ever been a car in there.

Later,
CJB

1 car
1 Wrangler in disrepair
3 kayaks
2 bicycles
3 workbenches
radial arm saw and drill press
1 tool chest
1 chest freezer
zero organization

28 x 28 was the largest I could go with my garage due to city restrictions, large oak tree to the rear and 12 x 20 shop to the right. Just don't ever have enough room.
Use to have a 42 x 40 carport which half was for the wife and half for me.
Then she wanted a sewing room that took 20 feet off the back. So, then I had the part next to the fence to park the truck with boat and bikes and trailer in the garage and just what I was working on in the shop.
Then she wanted her parking space for a little outside patio and I got kick out of the carport parking. So, the trailer went outside , the boat again the bulkhead, truck in the middle, one bike in the shop and one in the garage.
Then came the Corvette a year ago this month so the truck stays outside.
Then sold the boat so the trailer went back to that spot.
So, that's the way it stands now. As in the picture 10 years ago but the tree in front and in back are gone now. And a shed added in front of the shop.
In the process of adding a 12 foot lean too in front of the Garage.

AC%20buildings%202-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes you just need to get the camera out of the truck when you're doing your morning walk about because something unique shows up.

PICT0112%202.jpg

Photo from the past weekend two of the ZRXs are not mine just visiting

Attachments

• garage full.jpg
    garage full.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Had a lady I use to ride with lots up in Northern Arkansas that had a ZRX and would ride that bike most days a 150 mile round trip to the place she worked 5 days a week. Plus our weekend rides all over Arkansas and Mo. Lord knows how many miles she put on that bike. Have not seen her in about 10 years now.

Gotta catch up on what's happening in the garage. Due to adding to the blimish on the passenger's side of the nose ( bumper cover ) last week in an accident in Moss Bluff , La. Someone came off a side street into traffic and force a young lady into my lane and I could not miss her but almost had the car slowed down enuff to miss her when contact was made.
Leading to this damage.
LF%201%20%20%20Oct%2017.jpg

So, being as I've been wanting to pull the nose section off to deal with the blimish that came with the car when I bought it. We went in the attack mode.

IMG_0968-1.jpg

IMG_0974-1.jpg

So , the gathering of intel on parts and stuff to repair and lots of You Tube and Vette forum reading followed.

As usual on these cars problem with the Daytime run lights, things get overheated
IMG_0970-1.jpg

So ordered new light sockets, LED bulbs and resistor to the tune of about 110 bucks.

Next fixing a broken light tab on the nose that the spot light and sig/dtr lights bolted to.
Nose%202.jpg

Not going to look really pertty but gonna get the job done.

Then accessing other damaged areas.
IMG_0972-1.jpg

IMG_0971-1.jpg

And after yesterdays application of epoxsy.
Nose%201.jpg

Found the headlight cover just too bad to attempt repair so have one coming from a slavage yard for 104 bucks. Need to sand it down but all is intact even though it came off a vette that had caught fire. No warping and just a bit of paint peeling on it. But no matter as I have to sand down everything and paint it anyhow. ;-)

To be continued as the project goes.

Last edited:
This what I'm repairing. 03 Corvette Coupe.
03%20Vette%201-1_1.jpg

Rebuilt the Signal/DayTimeRun light harness by replacing the sockets that were pretty burned up with 115K miles of use.
IMG_0795-1.jpg

Waiting on the headlight cover to come in so I can sand and prime it to paint the Silver Metallic finish coat and probably a couple coats of clear. Or, I could just go ahead and paint the nose and put that together. We'll see how the winds of Fate blow me. ;-)

Back