• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were lucky.

I was doing 85 miles per hour...

Attachments

• Deer Head.JPG
    Deer Head.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 242
  • Deer Body.JPG
    Deer Body.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 236
Holy Smoke! That looks horrible... you really are a DeerSplitter! [emoji23]Glad you made it out ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - did not go down and duct taped the bike together west of Steamboat and rode it all the way back. Hope it never happens again.

What bike were you on?

Have you thought about changing your handle to Negan? :trust:

LOL - You should see my Daryl Dixon bike I built

Jampad - I was on my Road King. I now have custom serrated bladed on the handle bars.

I know we will see deer on this trip and probably some Elk. So hopefully someone knows how to field dress one and we can grill it...

LOL - You should see my Daryl Dixon bike I built

Jampad - I was on my Road King. I now have custom serrated bladed on the handle bars.

I know we will see deer on this trip and probably some Elk. So hopefully someone knows how to field dress one and we can grill it...

i have you covered on that... ill even bring a knife !!

Post Steamboat? I'm meeting up with the infamous Maximus_Flavius for a scenic ride back down to Albuquerque to store the bike and the flight home.

I'm as locked and loaded as I know how to be at this point. Flight to El Paso is on Friday morning where I'll rescue the DR650 from storage unit lock-up, spoon on a new rear tire, ship some items home, and then on to Silver City on Saturday.

Weather forecast all along the route looks impeccable as of this morning.

When you do run into snowmelt generally you will be in rocky conditions so

Shouldn't be too bad.

Boy this one is tempting.

Weather forecast all along the route looks impeccable as of this morning.

When you do run into snowmelt generally you will be in rocky conditions so

Shouldn't be too bad.

Boy this one is tempting.

4dff99b244403622822f87880a26188a.jpg

Beautiful

^^^ and staying like that in the 10 day forecast FWIW.

Worse thing showing was wind on Monday.

Last edited:
You really need to consider this inroads! Going to be EPIC!

Hope all you guys have a fantastic ride! Can't wait to hear the daily reports and see the pics. Sure wish I was going too. So many rides, and so little time.
But one of these days...

I am slooooowly getting prepped for rides just like this. I'm shooting for being ready by cooler weather of this year. I can't wait to read the ride reports...:coffee:

Brett and I are heading out at 7:30AM tomorrow (Thursday) morning. We will be going through Queen, NM, hitting dirt tomorrow, and probably camping in Brokeoff Mountain area. We look forward to meeting people in Cloudcroft at Silver Campground on Friday!

Brett and I are heading out at 7:30AM tomorrow (Thursday) morning. We will be going through Queen, NM, hitting dirt tomorrow, and probably camping in Brokeoff Mountain area. We look forward to meeting people in Cloudcroft at Silver Campground on Friday!

Ok you and some queen are camping on Brokeback Mountain. See you Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back