• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
cd097e9e2273019185a21f4d6cc25639.jpg

Ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Justin, Jake and I are leaving for Antonito Colorado early Saturday and will ride to Grants to join the group Sunday night. We will be staying at the Comfort Inn.

10 or so of us camped at Silver Campground in Cloudcroft... Well, close to Cloudcroft.... It's in the Lincoln National Forest....

Just drove into Silver City....was scoping the Silver City RV campground that

Is walking distance to the downtown historic area.....I think I'll go ahead and

Nab it if anyone needs a place to pitch their tent.

James
Fiveonetwofoursixeighttwofoursixeight

Checked in to the Drifter Motel: JoToPe, dualsportrider, Jamppad, DCWilcox, Kilgore74.

f54dbdd793d5994ce7e9031875e6e32f.jpg

Live music in the 100 year old Toad Creek bar, downtown Silver City.

A couple of us took off this morning we ran the red leg of 239 when leaving grants, we were riding a 1290 and a 1200 gs, make sure you have a bash plate on the big bikes if you intend to ride this leg. Its worth it no matter what bike IMO. Camping in Cuba tonight.The Pie in Pie Town is worth the stop so is the pulled pork sandwich special.

Last edited:
Me and 4 others gasing up on Hwy 12.... Plan on being in Pie Town before too long... [emoji39]

Any grand plans for dinner? We are at Comfort Inn, looks like most of the hotels are in the same area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back