• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
d10dd17ab3f77701772eaa0b53c73478.jpg
010aa72ccea04acf5517bc386918c3ec.jpg

Pour one out for our fallen soldier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riders,

Let's have a final meal on Thursday night in Steamboat Springs. To celebrate this great ride.

Meet at the Mahogany Ridge brewery and Grill at 7 PM in Steamboat Springs.

Richard...looks like you've got ya hands full with this big group. Also looks like you won the lotto with the weather......... I see you chose to stay more easterly on the CDR tracks vs the higher COBDR route like we talked about. Can't go wrong either way. You'd have crossed higher passes on the BDR....
Why stop in Steam B SPR, ya just have three more States to the Canadian border ?
If anyone missed this trip, I'm taking 8 Bikes up on Sept 2nd, base lodging in South Fork CO. riding day trips out, and maybe an over night camping run. Staying on the Forest roads n trails , riding Creede, TinCup, Pitkin, crossing some of the high passes of the COBDR tracks.......
Any and All are welcome to tag along. This is not a formal ride, just friends getting together......
Always look forward to seeing trip Pics...Get on home n post them up guys..

"ya just have three more States to the Canadian border ?"

I'm thinking you're wondering what that statement means......Three more states would complete the entire CDR......

Actually I was wondering which three states, I could only come up with Wyoming and Montana.

Waiting for our 4:00 check in.. planning on dinner at Quincy's in Salida if nothing else comes up. Probably 6:30 or so (local time). EDIT- will go to Benson's tavern about 6 instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dinner at Benson's tavern, in historic downtown Salida, 6 PM.

Patrice Pike is playing in Salida tonight for all you Sister 7 fans.
6bb314bf7f2ff345046bea9e300fc96a.jpg

I have reserved a room at Mahogany Ridge for tomorrow night. Unfortunately we can only get the room reserved at 6 PM. So please join me tomorrow night at Mahogany Ridge in Steamboat Springs at 6 PM for our final dinner at the end of our epic adventure.

Looking for a group to finish with. One of my riding partners isn't feeling well, so they're headed to the truck.

Big bike, not the slowest, certainly not the fastest.

A small group of us are continuing on to thr border and past for some. We are in Wyoming already hoping to hit Montana tonight or tomorrow. Once we reach he border i will make a left to Seattle to visit son. Good ride thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back