• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The handlebar thread

I’m still using the stock Clutch Line. I would assume you would still need a longer brake line as the master cylinder line still travels down to the junction below the steering head. When changing the bars/ adding risers set it up with the bolts partially tightened and turn the bars to full lock both directions making sure there is no interference, overly tightend control lines or wiring and make sure the throttle cables are still slack. You may need to re-route some stuff, remove the metal hooks etc.
Alright..Thanks TD...good info once again...:D

Glad I could help. After a ADV ride yesterday on the Sertao I was reflecting on the fact that there are risers or tall handlebars on everything I ride save the “classics” including a BMW R1150R. It’s surprising how just a bit higher and further back makes for ergonomics,
....or maybe I just done got old ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9npLZcDQRfHM7A4v5

Oh yeah, we're ALL getting older. I recently did just that - switching out the "superbike" bars for OEM-style tall bars on my old "smoker" last month before hauling her down to Cannery Row in Monterey CA for the Superbike race weekend.
jai29x.jpg

Glad I could help. After a ADV ride yesterday on the Sertao I was reflecting on the fact that there are risers or tall handlebars on everything I ride save the “classics” including a BMW R1150R. It’s surprising how just a bit higher and further back makes for ergonomics,
....or maybe I just done got old ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9npLZcDQRfHM7A4v5
I'd wager theres truth in both...I'm 65 and i wont even ride another bike without my comfort farkles..top of the list is an RDL saddle...and then the bar risers..
When I sat on the Bandit's stock seat i knew it was no good for me..I tried an Airhawk cushion..that sucked. So I did find a used RDL where the PO was physically the same as me..without those mods i wouldnt be riding..anything.
Just 1" risers changed things considerably then I added the RDL and that raised me up ..so now the bars are in need of another 1" of rise. I have been trying to see if my body can adjust to it as it is..But I have noticed that I still need a tad bit more of rise. That will prolly be a winter project..too busy ridin':rider:

Well I have come to the conclusion that my stock bars are not cutting it..even with the 1" risers..My reach to the bars is too short for me to sit in the right spot on my RDL saddle..instaed I have to sit as forward as possible in the straddle zone where it isnt as comfortable..I am just not upright enough and i want to be able to tour LD comfortably..so I am going to pull the trigger on this...I have looked at the Daytona bars...not a fan..and still not enough rise for me...
http://www.holeshot.com/suzuki/bandit/650-1250/products/comfort-touring-bars

Last edited:
Jack, I was thinking of that same bar kit from Holeshot for sometime down the road, as I also find myself leaning more forward on my Sargent seat than I would prefer. If you do purchase and install that set-up, please let us know how it works out.

Jack, I was thinking of that same bar kit from Holeshot for sometime down the road, as I also find myself leaning more forward on my Sargent seat than I would prefer. If you do purchase and install that set-up, please let us know how it works out.
Yes sir ..I will indeed..I have had the benefit of all 11 years of prior knowledge that you all went through first hand posted here.....Something to be said for coming to the table late...LOL So i have no qualms in sharing and continuing the knowledge base.. I just will need someone professional to do this installation...and i believe i know just whom i will bring it to.
Just a matter of next month's check to clear the bank. Being retired is fun.
to be cont...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, we're ALL getting older. I recently did just that - switching out the "superbike" bars for OEM-style tall bars on my old "smoker" last month before hauling her down to Cannery Row in Monterey CA for the Superbike race weekend.
jai29x.jpg
Sweet!!!

Can anyone tell me if the Daytona bars are compatable with the stock bar weights, I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I'd be thankful if someone could confirm.

Hellow all,

Hopefully this thread is still alive. I have a 2007 Bandit 1250. Bought it used and it has a set of very low rise Rental bars on it and I dont like having to learn over to reach them. Looking for an upright seating position. Ive looked at the Daytona style bars that everyone is talking about but I dont care for the look. Wondering if anyone can tell me what "pullback" I would need in order to sit straight up. Arms or pretty average length. Im 6', 185. I like the look of the Vintage MX bars with the crossbar from Dime City. Anybody tried these? Thanks in advance.

So in a threadsurrection, does anyone know of a chrome alternative to Holeshot bars? Nothing on my 07 is black save for the tires and not a fan of black anyway, esp in FLA...thnx.

Haven't seen this thread before. I'm curious if its always been just for Suzuki Bandits or if it evolved to basically be about all bike handle bars.

Back