• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The "How do I do this in the new forum?" thread

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Okay,

I am sure there will be MANY questions about finding features and how to do things on the new forum. This thread is the place to post your questions.

So let's hear it! :sun:

How do i make the last (latest) post first like it was on the old platform

It would appear that this is NOT an option on an individual basis... yet. Looking on the XF support site, there seem to be a lot of other admins asking for that feature. There might be an add-on out there that I can find which could do it. I will have to do some searching to see what I can find.

I should point out that if you are looking at the thread list and see a thread with unread content, if you click on the title of the thread, it should take you to the first unread post in that thread. Then every post after that would be new. If there have been replies after that first unread post, you will either have to scroll down or up to get to the most recent/last post.

How do I go to first unread post in a thread I've read before but has new posts?

Can I change skins?

I've grown to like a dark background with light colored text.

Not yet. I too like the darker background. The default installation of XF doesn't come with multiple skins. So I either have to create one, find one for free somewhere, or pay someone to make a skin for me.

So this IS on the list of things to do. I just don't know how quickly I will be able to get it done.

Just to make it easy to keep track of, I have made this a sticky thread.

When looking at the new posts by clicking the new button on the top right, it no longer tells me which subforum the post is in. Can this be turned on? It's really nice, especially for forsale items to see the post is in the forsale forum.

Nevermind, I see the forum in light grey on the left side. Didn't see it at first.

Great job on the new forum!

Last edited:
First, thanks!
Second, do you want issues like redirects and "nuts and bolts" behind the scenes issues posted in a certain place? I've thrown some issues into the SSL thread that probably weren't pure SSL related, but not sure if you want it to go there or not.

Not yet. I too like the darker background. The default installation of XF doesn't come with multiple skins. So I either have to create one, find one for free somewhere, or pay someone to make a skin for me.

So this IS on the list of things to do. I just don't know how quickly I will be able to get it done.

+1 on a dark background. Glad to hear it's in the works.

Did forum supporter subscriptions carry over?

On the formatting tools (bold, italics, underline, etc.). On the far left position there is an eraser (I guess).. I can't seem to make it do anything. What is it and what do it do?

1221181320.jpg

Figgered Id repost this jus to see how easy it is........ Very

Tapatalk login is returning "Network error". Is this a temporary glitch or permanent change? Saw some earlier talk about Tapatalk on another thread but no definitive yes or no.

I think we are up to a +3 on the Dark Theme now... ;)
Thanks for the upgrade and keeping her going. :)

Tapatalk login is returning "Network error". Is this a temporary glitch or permanent change? Saw some earlier talk about Tapatalk on another thread but no definitive yes or no.

As of now, no.

I think we are up to a +3 on the Dark Theme now... ;)
Thanks for the upgrade and keeping her going. :)
Also... where is the "Support" button now? Thought I'd throw a few bucks your way.

Also... where is the "Support" button now? Thought I'd throw a few bucks your way.

If you are on a mobile device, click the menu bars in the upper left corner to bring up the MENU. You should see your username at the top of the list. Click on your username. This takes you to a screen that says "Account Details", right under that it says "Your Account". Click on "Your Account" and go down the list to "Account Upgrades". You can pick from the list there.

If you are in a full browser, just click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. On the right side list in that box you should see "Account Upgrades".

I will be working on making a more obvious method.

In the older version... anytime you hit "What's New", you got a list of the newest threads & posts WITH the associated subforum listed.

Here's the "What's New" now:

1545595607478.png

New threads/posts listed, replies, time & user, but not the subforum they are associated with.

Any way to bring back that functionality?

Thanks!

In the older version... anytime you hit "What's New", you got a list of the newest threads & posts WITH the associated subforum listed.

Here's the "What's New" now:

View attachment 46457

New threads/posts listed, replies, time & user, but not the subforum they are associated with.

Any way to bring back that functionality?

Thanks!

Look under the thread titles.

As of now, no.

That's too bad. It's just too easy to navigate all my frequented forums via Tapatalk when out of the house. Actually I find myself more and more even using the cell phone when home versus logging in through the computer. Looks like TWT will be a "when at home" site to visit. And since I travel 2-1/2 to 3 weeks out of every month that won't be often.

Back