• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The "How do I do this in the new forum?" thread

When PM is sent which block is checked so no one but sender and recipient can read? On the old it was send private message. I will like this when I get used to it.
Is there anyway to send donation online without Pay Pal? If not please PM me address again of where to send it.

When PM is sent which block is checked so no one but sender and recipient can read? On the old it was send private message. I will like this when I get used to it.
Is there anyway to send donation online without Pay Pal? If not please PM me address again of where to send it.

Don't check anything. That way, the other user cannot invite someone to join the message and it stays private.

Yes, you can mail a check.

Two Wheeled Texans
74 Armadillo Dr.
Huntsville, Tx. 77320

Make sure to put your username in the memo section so I know who it is for!! A lot of people forget that part :doh:

Silly little gripe here..... Is there anyway to disable the "confirmation" box that appears when I want to mark all forums read? I can see where it might get hit by mistake sitting between the two search options but still..... TIA

Silly little gripe here..... Is there anyway to disable the "confirmation" box that appears when I want to mark all forums read? I can see where it might get hit by mistake sitting between the two search options but still..... TIA

I concur, just did not bring it up yet, to me it is not needed and the fewer steps the better. Sorta like the forum Nanny, did you intend to hit all forums read? lol

This feature I did not see before so guessing you are trying it out, only one other forum I use (RV's) has this. It is a pain for me but maybe enough others benefit. When I highlight text it gives me the option to Quote or Reply IIRC.

This gets in the way of the text below, I highlight for various reasons, one to know what I just read on longer post, if I need to go research and come back to where I left off, if I have to do something and comeback to it. I highlight text all the time as I have many things going at once. If the Quote/Reply went above so it covers what I already read it would be much better.

Even though those two choices are highlighted, you can still right click and get the normal context menu.

Just a note: Clicking the "Home" button in the top left takes you to your place holder page rather than the front page.

Just a note: Clicking the "Home" button in the top left takes you to your place holder page rather than the front page.

That is what it is supposed to do. You want to click the Forums button if you just want to go back to the top level forum view. I cam currently working to figure out how to create a home page, similar to what we had on the old forum.

Yup. I figured that out as soon as I hit enter since the "Forum" button is right next to it.

How do you find the list of posts that you've (user) made. I thought I had found it but can't seem to locate an old post.

Thanks

Never mind I found it again under Find Threads, thought it would be in my account.

I think all you have to do is click the "find threads" next to the "new posts", if thats what your asking

Why are some “Helmets” on the left of forums dark blue and some light blue?

Why are some “Helmets” on the left of forums dark blue and some light blue?

Seriously? You are just now noticing that!? :lol2:

Dark blue indicates there is unread content in the forums/thread for YOU. Light blue means everything has either been read or marked read.

It was the same way on the old forum and has been that way for as long as I can remember ;-)

Seriously? You are just now noticing that!? :lol2:

Dark blue indicates there is unread content in the forums/thread for YOU. Light blue means everything has either been read or marked read.

It was the same way on the old forum and has been that way for as long as I can remember ;-)

Always said I was a little slow sometimes. :shrug:

Sorry if this has been answered before - but what happened to the photos and galleries?

Sorry if this has been answered before - but what happened to the photos and galleries?

The photo gallery on the old site was made possible by an add-on to the vBulletin software. Unfortunately, there is no version of that add-on that works with XF2. I was able to preserve the existing file structure so that links using old images would still work. However, there is no way for me to go through the images and associate them with specific user accounts. I do still have the database files that the add-on used, but no good way to interface with it. If I can get some of the other more pressing issues sorted out, I may contact the original add-on author to see if it have at least help me figure out a way to re-associate files with users so that the users can access those images.

Thanks, Scott! Threw some shekels your way.

I'm usually pretty good at figgering stuff out like this, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to subscribe with an email notification to a thread. I see the "email" flag on the smoker thread, and I'm getting email notifications, but can figure out how to add an email subscription on another thread that I want to get notified on. Also, on the grid view, what's the check box to the left of "Views" do? Thx.

At the top of the thread is a box called "watch". click that and you are subscribed.

Yes, I see and know the watched thread list.
I'm trying to figure out how to get email notifications for certain threads. Right now, I'm only getting email notifications for the Smoker thread. I'd liked to get notified via email when another certain thread gets a new post, if possible. Not ALL the threads I'm watching, just a select few. I was subscribed to email notifications for the Smoker thread before the migration. That was the only one.

Tracker, you might try checking your preferences settings, to make sure the email options are all clicked.

Yes, click on your username in the upper right corner and pick the Preferences link.

Click on the "Watched" triangle to the right of the word, the drop down menu will present some choices, if it's threads you want, select it. A page will open that lists all you're watching, with a check box. You can check the ones you want to be emailed notifications, after scroll to the bottom and there is a "with selection" box, click that and you can 'apply' the action of enable, or disable, email notifications or you can select, stop watching. Hope this helps Tracker

Way down in the lower right, once you've checked the check box, then... With Selected, pulldown, enable email notifications
1546801064027.png

Back