• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The little Holga...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
So my little $16.99 Holga 60mm f/8 lens arrived today. You read that right - $16.99 - and I'm stuck on getting the camera to accept the lens. I can set the ISO, Manual mode with a shutter speed but I don't seem to have aperture control. Nikon mount and I'm leaning towards something in my menu settings for a non-CPU lens. Anybody else tried one of these and how did you have success?

Pic for attention!

EDIT TO ADD:
OK, I think I got this figured out! Using the non-CPU menu setup I got the lens entered and popped off a test shot of a lightbulb of all things and it worked! Me thinks this is going to be kind of fun in bright sunlight. I've also read there's some hacks for taking the vignette plate out and opening up the iris to an f/5 or so.
IMG_6565.jpg

Back