• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: +THE OFFICIAL+ Hill country 'ROUND MOUNTAIN ROUNDUP'. 4/29--5/1

Proof pics that Tricewife and I stopped in and had a nice time talking to Nelson and Penny.

Great folks :clap:

i-Xk6HZtK-M.jpg

i-BWdS48L-M.jpg

Aaron - The weekend was great. I had a busy day so missed a lot of the posts that were written today. Everyone seems to have had as much fun as I did. The food was great and your parents are fabulous folks. Your sister is obviously a good bartender.

On a serious note - Staggered riding formation is so important. You notice that when you went down, I was to your left. Had I been right behind you and I had to try to stop on that slippery snot, the results would have been way different. I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt and look forward to more fun rides with the whole crew. Talk to you soon!

Smiley

Yeah, actually, that was something I noticed. I suppose it also keeps one out of the dust as much as possible.

I haven't done many group rides. This was my second, actually. Usually it's me and one of my maniacal ex-Navy buddies basically racing each other.

I think (in hindsight) I was probably leading the group way too fast at first, and my entry speed into the crossing was based entirely on the speed at which I approached it. Normally those crossings aren't as slick, as they're normally not actually underwater, at least not for that long. The rains lately have kept them submerged enough for that slick Moss to form.

Either way, I got alot of time to reflect as I,was sliding down the road, and I arrived at several conclusions-

1- I misjudged the conditions of that crossing
2- I needed to buy proper ppe, I'm not that tough
3- I misjudged the amount of tequila I could drink and not feel effects of the next day
4- my judgement over the last 24 hours had been bad

Anyways, I'm glad to have met, and ridden with everyone. I seriosuly CANT WAIT for next year's rendezvous.

Plan on the ---weekend after founders day--- for you locals, aka, last weekend of April. Goodnight fellers, (and ladies)

I drank just as much tokilla and I was just fine , it must be your alkiehall tolarance level . You'll get there some day . A great time was had by all , great place , great food and great friends , thanks everybody for a good weekend .SEYA

Thank you Aaron for this event, your folks hospitality, the great food, and helping me cross that water crossing!
It was nice to meet all of you and I'm looking forward to the next event!

Good meeting you, and your lovely wife too, Daniel! Glad y'all made it out.

So, were already talking g about next year...

There will be showers. I'm insisting on it, hahaha.

There will also be a covered cabana thing by the Pool, hopefully. I'm thinking margarita machine, but I make no promises.

I think we can all benefit from a larger fire pit area as well. More level surface for chairs, and maybe a place to stack firewood, so nobody you know..... Falls over it. (Classy, mom)

I love these gatherings. I stay at them for like a month, in my mind.

Like the HillCo400 ride we did last fall.... I'm still riding around in that gypsum mine looking for the north exit, and the dirt roads back thru Click. Ha-ha.

I'll probably get with Britt, and come up with more/better routes. The passability of said routes on large bikes is wholey contingent upon the rainfall prior.

Last edited:
Like the HillCo400 ride we did last fall.... I'm still riding around in that gypsum mine looking for the north exit, and the dirt roads back thru Click. Ha-ha.

Selective memory. You sat on your hiney while I rode around in waist deep dust looking for the exit. And I'd have found it too if the big bad miners hadn't scared you off!

No, I rode around some. You went down the hill, and I knew that didn't seem lime a good idea, nor the direction of the exit.

Those guys had about had enough at point, Andi think we're about 2 seconds from getting ol Johnny law involved.

Aaron,
Thank you for putting this on. I wish I could have come out and rode on Saturday as well. But Sunday was a lot of fun. Give a big thank you to your folks.
I have not had a chance to meet up with Mr. Lancaster but should in the next week. I'm sure he will be glad to hear how you all are doing.

Hope to join in again next year.

Alex

Aaron,
Thank you for putting this on. I wish I could have come out and rode on Saturday as well. But Sunday was a lot of fun. Give a big thank you to your folks.
I have not had a chance to meet up with Mr. Lancaster but should in the next week. I'm sure he will be glad to hear how you all are doing.

Hope to join in again next year.

Alex

Yeah man, it was great meeting you, and awesome to hear of the growth of the band.

Tell Mr. Lancaster his favortie tuba player says hi.

Hey yall!!!

We're talking about doing this again, this year. Mid April.

Any interest?

Me and Heather are in as long as she does not have to work that weekend. We had a good time last year even though we have not been riding much since then.

Aaron, I thought you sold your XR, what will you be riding? You can't take the Jeep and use us motorcycle people for traction.

I am in !

I'd love to but we've got every weekend in April already planned.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back