• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: +THE OFFICIAL+ Hill country 'ROUND MOUNTAIN ROUNDUP'. 4/29--5/1

8am Saturday for coffee, juice, and pastries.

I'm stirring dust at 9am.

Mike, are you still coming back to join theriding Saturday, and BBQ Saturday night???

I agree about the forecast. It's more about the dog.

What time are you thinking for departure Sunday? Perhaps there is a meetup point; the Rnd Mtn c-store on 281maybe?

I am planning on coming out for the Sunday ride. Don't know what time they are heading out but if you would like to meet up at the Round Mountain Truck Stop at say 8:15 or so the ranch is just around the corner a couple of miles from there.

Alex

Thanks, Alex!
Weekend Plan, version 5.0 is in effect. JT and I are packing the pup and the bikes. Primarily it's a socializing experience for pup (and us.) We'll ride a little as we can.
Thanks!

Wow, I suck at this. The only tent I have is some honking 12 person tent that i'm not even going to attempt to take on the bike. I may run by Dick's goods tomorrow and pick up a 3-4 man. I'm new to light camping, in the past i've had the ladies in tow, so gigantic tent, air mattress, KOA style 'grounds.

Before buying on a whim, I'd borrow.

Best advice is to stick with the hammock camping vector and buy the right gear the first time. Just don't do any buying in a rush.

Before buying on a whim, I'd borrow.

Best advice is to stick with the hammock camping vector and buy the right gear the first time. Just don't do any buying in a rush.

I'm going to try the hammock idea, I would use that at the house as well.

Thanks, Alex!
Weekend Plan, version 5.0 is in effect. JT and I are packing the pup and the bikes. Primarily it's a socializing experience for pup (and us.) We'll ride a little as we can.
Thanks!

No problem. Looking forward to saying hi to Sprocket.

See you there.

GPS Fix

30.452498,-98.392455

Maps:

i-BRpX3JX-M.jpg

i-BH8wJhJ-M.jpg

Hey yall, were also gonna have signs out by the mailbox. I told my dad to make it easy to find. He's a smart fella, I'm sure he won't disappoint.

I'll be screaming up about 7pm, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style, except without all the drugs, alcohol, and bats... I may swing by HEB in m-falls and pick up another hunk of cow for Saturday. I want leftovers. Hehe

I would like to come out Sunday morning. What would be a good time to show up?

I really want to come out on Saturday, but my training partner is threatening me with personal violence if I don't show up for our morning workout :-)

Thanks!

Thanks, Alex!
Thanks!

Cool. I might try to make it for a quick visit ( to see the pup, not you maniacs ) Maybe combine with Hidden Falls ride.

I really want to come out on Saturday, but my training partner is threatening me with personal violence if I don't show up for our morning workout :-)

Thanks!

Hey man. Morning workout has to end at some point. Come out when you're done! Camp Saturday. And ride Sunday. I imagine folks will probably start riding shortly after breakfast tacos. 930am

Thanks!

You're in Austin? You can easily come out Saturday after the workout. BTW, your workout partner is gunna hafta be mo flexible if you're gunna start running with this crowd. Jus sayin

gina

You're in Austin? You can easily come out Saturday after the workout. BTW, your workout partner is gunna hafta be mo flexible if you're gunna start running with this crowd. Jus sayin

gina

Well, I kinda pestered him to workout with me for quite a while before he agreed to. Basically, I hurt my knee and back playing rugby just over a year ago (bad idea at 42). I gained a bunch of weight from not being active but still eating the same amount of food that I eat prior to the injury.

My workout partner has helped me with diet and exercise programs and he's been getting up early to go to a class with me on Saturday morning.

I will see where y'all are at for lunch and try to meet-up. I just got new soft panniers and a duffel in the mail this week. I want to do a shakedown ride before the Hill Country 500.

Also, I managed to track down a hammock and associated mount things for said tent. I have a fleece blankey, then a pillow thing. I can't seem to find a rain fly for the hammock, Dick's doesn't carry that. Buncha communists.

Scratch that REI has them. Heading over there after work. This stuff packs tiny, what else do you guys usually bring? This should fill up half a pannier, maybe I should just pack random junk in the rest just to see what I can carry.

Last edited:
Lighting. You're going to want a campers headband light

Also para cord, lots of it, for ridge lines and tie outs

Okay, I really want to show up just to checkout the hammock set-ups! When I set-up camp, I look like a Big Agnes commercial. But I have been stopping in the hammock section at REI more and more. Never really seen them in action.

Looks like I'm gonna be a bit. Just now getting home to pack.

Scratch that, I'll camp tomorrow night when there isn't nasty on the way. Bright and early tomorrow at the campsite/property to drop off panniers and meet up.

a31f1d5158c4eb762ca981c8ae5f1c8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back