• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Owner of Bates # 2 Has moved on to a better place

Reaction score
First Name
David
John Putnam, the owner of Bates # 2 on I 35 in Carrollton Tx has moved on to another place in life. He was so instrumental in supplying parts and services to so many in the motorcycling community. I spent many a day there. He leaves behind a wonderful wife and family and friends. Your legacy is every life you touched.

Aw man, that shop is so cool. I hope they continue the legacy. I live about 2 miles from there. I know they were already planning to move far up north almost to The Colony.

Aw man, that shop is so cool. I hope they continue the legacy. I live about 2 miles from there. I know they were already planning to move far up north almost to The Colony.
Here is a pic of the new place in transition.
Dion is the new owner (old employee) and hopefully he can make it work. My son still goes by and says they are trying to make some online sales available.
That would be cool.

Attachments

• image0-33.jpeg
    image0-33.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 194
RIP John

First time this country boy visited Bates on Harry Hines in 1974 my mind was blown. Followed them to the new Bates #2 on I35. In the early 90's I was given 8 or 9 used work benches from my job. I stopped at Bates #2 and not sure if it was John but the manger/owner asked me what I was going to do with them. I said keep one and sell the rest. We made a deal, I pulled round back and we unloaded all but one.

For all that wish to send condolences here is the link.

Here is the address of the new place. Dion said they might move as soon as this weekend.
2455 E HWY 121 Lewisville, Tx 75056

Back