• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Pie Family is MOVING!

Hey Y'all,

Apparently the Zimmermans did fall off the face of the planet. I am so sorry we lost contact with our TWT Family. So much has happened and in light of recent events figured I better update y'all on some happenings in our family. Chris (wczimmerman and the original pie man) recently shared with us that y'all were still doing pie runs. He was quite shocked to hear it and that brought up a number of stories and memories to share with our son (yes...more children. We have a son who is 8 and another daughter who is 2). Savannah was sparked by our stories and since she rides now wanted to say hi on TWT. I went back and found some posts and pictures and great memories came flooding back.

So whatever happen to the Zimmermans? Well we lived in WA for 10 years until the weather got too much for me. I developed arthritis a few years back so we were on the hunt to move. Our first choice was obviously Texas, but could not find a job around the San Antonio area in the time frame we needed so we settled on our 2nd choice, Nevada. Chris works for an airline in Las Vegas and we live an hour outside of Vegas (Pahrump). It is a smaller retirement community and we like it. His commute doesn't bother him as he rides his FJR everyday.

Backing up a bit, we moved to WA in 2008, and started homeschooling our girls in 2009. God completely transformed our lives, and we reevaluated everything we knew (or thought we knew) and one of the results of that was letting God be in control of how many children we had instead of us deciding. So in 2010 I sold my motorcycle and gave up riding so Chris could have surgery to reverse a mistake we made about 5 yrs prior. (We put both bikes up for sale and Chris was willing to get rid of his if that was the one that sold). Our son was born in 2011 and the motorcycle trips came to an end. The girls would ride for some short trips with dad but it wasn't the same since all of the family wasn't involved. In Nov 2013, we decided to sell most of what we had and move into a travel trailer, live full time RV and work to get out of debt. (It was another result of our reformation: to be debt free. We still had our house in Texas since we moved during the housing crash of 08). At that point we didn't have a garage and Chris couldn't stand to see his motorcycle out in the elements and not being taken care of as much as wanted to, so he sold it. It was a sad day for us all but Chris is the kind of man to do what is needed to get the job done and to do what is best for his family so he could do it with no regrets. I had 2 miscarriages living in the trailer and then we were able to sell our house in Texas and become debt free in 2015. We moved out in Jan 2016 and welcomed our little girl in 2017. In 2016 Chris also established a side business of firearms training, sales ad gunsmithing (his other passion) but during all this my health was declining after being diagnosed in 2015 with arthritis and the winters (about October to April) became harder and debilitating to me . The political direction of Washington wasn't helping his business or our lives, in anyway, so the decision to move was an easy one for Chris and I. The question was where? We made a list of our top 5 and started looking. TEXAS #1 Of COURSE, but like I said...no job. So in March 2018 (almost exactly 10 years after moving to WA) we moved to Southern Nevada...nice, hot and dry. I am recovering and can do so much more and Chris says I am a new woman. The weather (along with other good changes) have kept me from having to take pain medication. So since we live an hour from his job, his first decision was to to commute on motorcycle...uh duh!. We purchased a Honda ST1300. He had always wanted one and it had a big gas tank so it seemed a no brainer. I followed with a Yamaha Majesty 400cc scooter in Aug 2018. We also had a couple of 50CC scooters so the girls could scoot about town and leave the Suburban at home. Chris loved his commute but his bike towards the end of last year it started having engine problems so we took the plunge and bought a brand new bike, a Yamaha FJR 1300. Meanwhile our girls were growing up and our oldest, Cassie, got engaged May 2018 and was married in Oct 2018. She just turned 20 this past June. Savannah turned 18 in March. After I got my scooter last year, she and I took the MSF Safety course in Vegas so she could get her endorsement. She wanted to ride once she turned 18 and I wanted a refresher course. Cassie chose not to because she was marrying a man who wasn't keen on street bikes (we didn't hold it against him and we have time to work on him :-) ). As Savannah's birthday approached, we were going to put her on our Suburban Ins and MC Ins but it would have cost over $100 a month to add her to our vehicle policy but only an additional $12 a month to add her to our MC so she is only on our MC policy. She is quite ok with that. Per state law she is allowed to "borrow" our vehicle but she primarily rides my scooter for errands and appts (I am amazed how many groceries she manages to fit in there). Our son (name is Increase Knox) got to start riding with Dad last year (at 7...latest of of our kids) and loves it just as much as the girls did (must run in the genes). Verity is only 2 but we look forward to her riding in a few years. Chris and I are making a trip trough Yosemite to San Francisco (business trip) soon to get me back in the seat for longer distances, and He and I will be going through the Sedona AZ Area next year for our 25th (we did a motorcycle trip on our 10th so decided we should do that again). We should head to Texas in the next couple of years for a pie run. That would be a good trip for Chris, Savannah and Increase. (Verity and I will fly and rent a car). I will be sure to find some pics and post in the next few days. Hope you all are doing well and we will try to check in more often...Oh and we live about 30-45 minutes from Death Valley so if anyone is in the area give us a holler and stop for a visit.

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a LOOONG time! Sorry to hear the trials and tribulations y'all have gone through but I'm glad you've come out the other in good spirits and health!

Great to hear from you! I saw that Savannah had signed up on TWT recently, but wasn't 100% sure it was her. I can't believe Cassie is 20 and married!! :eek2:

Sarah will be 15 in Dec. Remember her coming to the very first Pie Run back in Jan 2005? She was only 6 weeks old then! Daniel is now 13 and Rachel is 11.

All three have been riding dirt bikes off and on over the years, and they all three ride with me on my 1200 GS. Sarah is wanting to get some kind of small dual sport that is street legal so she can ride with me around here on the dirt roads before getting out on the highways. We appreciate the riding gear you sent us for the kids all those years ago. It was used well!

Pahrump is a great place, close to some amazing dual sport/adventure riding! Jimmy Lewis teaches adventure training classes out there and that is his home base. Beth's best friend from high school still lives in Vegas. She and Sarah have been out there to visit her family.

Jen did a great job giving a summary of where God has had us these many years. I hope to get more posted in the days ahead!

For now, here is a pic from my commute. Where I used to ride an hour for 18 miles in the Seattle area (often in the rain) now I ride 62 miles each way with this view, in an hour, almost no traffic, and at...ummm...roughly highway speeds.
44795380f949c6c7fa289ef390f1ff5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to see you on here again, thought I saw you on FJR forum a while back. Man that first Pie Run was a long time ago. I really need to start going again as I
just kind of got out of the habit of going

Hey Y'all,

Apparently the Zimmermans did fall off the face of the planet. I am so sorry we lost contact with our TWT Family. So much has happened and in light of recent events figured I better update y'all on some happenings in our family. Chris (wczimmerman and the original pie man) recently shared with us that y'all were still doing pie runs. He was quite shocked to hear it and that brought up a number of stories and memories to share with our son (yes...more children. We have a son who is 8 and another daughter who is 2). Savannah was sparked by our stories and since she rides now wanted to say hi on TWT. I went back and found some posts and pictures and great memories came flooding back.

So whatever happen to the Zimmermans? Well we lived in WA for 10 years until the weather got too much for me. I developed arthritis a few years back so we were on the hunt to move. Our first choice was obviously Texas, but could not find a job around the San Antonio area in the time frame we needed so we settled on our 2nd choice, Nevada. Chris works for an airline in Las Vegas and we live an hour outside of Vegas (Pahrump). It is a smaller retirement community and we like it. His commute doesn't bother him as he rides his FJR everyday.

Backing up a bit, we moved to WA in 2008, and started homeschooling our girls in 2009. God completely transformed our lives, and we reevaluated everything we knew (or thought we knew) and one of the results of that was letting God be in control of how many children we had instead of us deciding. So in 2010 I sold my motorcycle and gave up riding so Chris could have surgery to reverse a mistake we made about 5 yrs prior. (We put both bikes up for sale and Chris was willing to get rid of his if that was the one that sold). Our son was born in 2011 and the motorcycle trips came to an end. The girls would ride for some short trips with dad but it wasn't the same since all of the family wasn't involved. In Nov 2013, we decided to sell most of what we had and move into a travel trailer, live full time RV and work to get out of debt. (It was another result of our reformation: to be debt free. We still had our house in Texas since we moved during the housing crash of 08). At that point we didn't have a garage and Chris couldn't stand to see his motorcycle out in the elements and not being taken care of as much as wanted to, so he sold it. It was a sad day for us all but Chris is the kind of man to do what is needed to get the job done and to do what is best for his family so he could do it with no regrets. I had 2 miscarriages living in the trailer and then we were able to sell our house in Texas and become debt free in 2015. We moved out in Jan 2016 and welcomed our little girl in 2017. In 2016 Chris also established a side business of firearms training, sales ad gunsmithing (his other passion) but during all this my health was declining after being diagnosed in 2015 with arthritis and the winters (about October to April) became harder and debilitating to me . The political direction of Washington wasn't helping his business or our lives, in anyway, so the decision to move was an easy one for Chris and I. The question was where? We made a list of our top 5 and started looking. TEXAS #1 Of COURSE, but like I said...no job. So in March 2018 (almost exactly 10 years after moving to WA) we moved to Southern Nevada...nice, hot and dry. I am recovering and can do so much more and Chris says I am a new woman. The weather (along with other good changes) have kept me from having to take pain medication. So since we live an hour from his job, his first decision was to to commute on motorcycle...uh duh!. We purchased a Honda ST1300. He had always wanted one and it had a big gas tank so it seemed a no brainer. I followed with a Yamaha Majesty 400cc scooter in Aug 2018. We also had a couple of 50CC scooters so the girls could scoot about town and leave the Suburban at home. Chris loved his commute but his bike towards the end of last year it started having engine problems so we took the plunge and bought a brand new bike, a Yamaha FJR 1300. Meanwhile our girls were growing up and our oldest, Cassie, got engaged May 2018 and was married in Oct 2018. She just turned 20 this past June. Savannah turned 18 in March. After I got my scooter last year, she and I took the MSF Safety course in Vegas so she could get her endorsement. She wanted to ride once she turned 18 and I wanted a refresher course. Cassie chose not to because she was marrying a man who wasn't keen on street bikes (we didn't hold it against him and we have time to work on him :-) ). As Savannah's birthday approached, we were going to put her on our Suburban Ins and MC Ins but it would have cost over $100 a month to add her to our vehicle policy but only an additional $12 a month to add her to our MC so she is only on our MC policy. She is quite ok with that. Per state law she is allowed to "borrow" our vehicle but she primarily rides my scooter for errands and appts (I am amazed how many groceries she manages to fit in there). Our son (name is Increase Knox) got to start riding with Dad last year (at 7...latest of of our kids) and loves it just as much as the girls did (must run in the genes). Verity is only 2 but we look forward to her riding in a few years. Chris and I are making a trip trough Yosemite to San Francisco (business trip) soon to get me back in the seat for longer distances, and He and I will be going through the Sedona AZ Area next year for our 25th (we did a motorcycle trip on our 10th so decided we should do that again). We should head to Texas in the next couple of years for a pie run. That would be a good trip for Chris, Savannah and Increase. (Verity and I will fly and rent a car). I will be sure to find some pics and post in the next few days. Hope you all are doing well and we will try to check in more often...Oh and we live about 30-45 minutes from Death Valley so if anyone is in the area give us a holler and stop for a visit.
Jennifer, this must seem like a time warp to you with this thread leading back to 2008. Nice that you have found a good place for your condition in Nevada.

It's really good to hear from you. What an experience you've had!

Back