• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Quest for Chili.... Big Bend in November - The Report

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Re: The Quest for Chili.... Big Bend in November

The Houston Crew (Yogi, Moose, BMWbabe, and Chris (can't remember his screen name)) got off OK this morning at 6:30 give or take a few. I feel so left out. :-( :lol2: I hope and pray everyone has a safe trip! :rider:

Are you going to catch up to them or are you manning the home front?
:ponder:

Manning the home front with the kiddos. Talked to BMWbabe, DFW-Warrior, and Calgary_Yogi today on the phone. They were in Presidio having lunch. I don't want horn in on their up-coming ride reports, but I will say they are all having a blast. The weather is perfect and everyone is having fun and being safe.

:thumb: My hat is off to you, Bryan, for letting the spouse go play!

They are doing just fine!

216649002-L.jpg

... and I did hide the keys from Rebecca...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Sweet! Thanks for posting the photo, beemerchef. Cool that the gang got to meet you and hang out with you for a while. :rider: I hear they are having breakfast with you in the morning. :eat:

:thumb: My hat is off to you, Bryan, for letting the spouse go play!

Well, she is going to let me go play for a LOOOOONG time next summer. Oh wait, not supposed to say anything about that yet. :doh:

Probably wrong to post this here as by now has become a ride report?... But anyhow... I took it upon myself to head toward their camp last night... glad that I did as they bailed out from the Breakfast deal at Kathy's... of course they don't know what they missed... nice fire... day long Burrito (:giveup: ) :lol2: !!!
Great company... I was even offered a Texas Steak compliments of the group and grilled by the tream "litter" Bill... :eat: :rofl: to purrfection...

It was dark... the kids would not stop playing...

217319876-L.jpg

217319734-L.jpg

... and these two were speaking Mandarin or something foreign :eek2:

217319791-L.jpg

... did I say it was dark?

217319714-L.jpg

Poor Spirit was having a "steak but not for me" attack... as we left around 10pm he was on the lookout the whole ride back for some creature he could sink his teeth in :eat: ... but of course... it did not happen!

Thanks for the company... dinner... and the great comfort zone amongst you all...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Home safe and sound!!!!

Ara, it was awesome to meet you and Spirit in person!!!! Oh yeah, Kathy has something for you. You left it at camp and Brandy and I dropped it by there this morning while we had one of those famous burritos that you were talking about. I feasted on an Anne Oakley, and Brandy had the Roy Rogers. YUMMY!!!!

Anyway, sorry that we missed you this morning. It was a last minute decision to head that way for breakfast and I'm glad we did.

Alright, it's off to bed for me and I'll start sifting through pictures tomorrow and posting some of them up.

Home, tired, and not wanting to go back to work tomorrow!

More later...

Home, tired, and not wanting to go back to work tomorrow!

More later...

R, I saw a bottle of Turkey in one of the the pics of you and the gang. You didn't let those bad boys get you tipsy and then take advantage of you, did you?:-P :-P Bank in my drinking days Turkey was my poison of choice. I still have a set of the decanters that were produced back in the 70's I believe.

Anyhow it looks like y'all had a great time.

How was the chili?
:sun:

A few miles into the ride back I realized I forgot my water bottle...Oh! well... well worth the price of admission... And I did think... if... that is "if" those guys stop at Kathy's... well, they just might drop it off... Too bad I did not know about it... I am sure she did not have any wood for the fire as Roger or I bring it in the am!!!
Next time...
Glad that you all made it back safely... It is now the quietest town I have ever experienced!!!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Looks like a great time. I am envious...I hate being so far away from everyone. Need to find more people in the West Texas area to join up!!!!

I thought you were pretty close to BB?!

Maybe you need an "eastern" weekend residence so you can join us for pie!

hee hee.. that would be even farther. I am in El Paso...the far west part of Texas. Home of constant sunshine!!!:sun:

hee hee.. that would be even farther. I am in El Paso...the far west part of Texas. Home of constant sunshine!!!:sun:

Well, if we can get to BB from Houston and Arlington, it was probably still closer for you. Next time! :rider:

I am itching for my first long ride. so far, it has been just local stuff. Getting my seat time in. I should have the Duchess fixed this week. We were supposed to head to Deming with FJRBandit this weekend for the Veterans day BBQ but plans changed and have to go out of town for a funeral. I really want to make my first long run with a group of TWT riders!!!

Back