• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Rundown - a Mexico Adventure Rally, April 9-16, 2016

Just a note that might help someone....I have AT&T cell service and they have a Mexico plan that is no cost that they can add to your account. It is unlimited calling and texting to the U. S. and withing Mexico as well. They will bill you if you go over 1G of data however.

I called back twice to talk to different people just to make sure as it sounded too good to be true.

I did the same. Was very suspicious about it being 'no cost' but after asking a lot of questions this seems to be the case. I believe it's only available on some plans though.

Our "traditional" GMRS frequency to date has been GMRS CH 7 or 462.7125 if you punch it in yourself

TP, I was looking at a frequency chart posted earlier in this thread and it looks like channel 7 is 462.725. Am I missing something?

TP, I was looking at a frequency chart posted earlier in this thread and it looks like channel 7 is 462.725. Am I missing something?

I think you mean 462.7500

JT made posts on this in this thread back in posts # 374 and 375, but the charts in those two posts don't match. The freequency for GMRS CH 7 that we use is from the chart in the second of those posts, #375, or 462.7125

I just tested my old Baofeng that I used last year on the recon with the new RR RH-5R where I manually input 462.7125 and they paired perfectly.

I could take the time to Google 462.7500 but I'm cooking a brisket while packing for tomorrow :rider:

I did the same. Was very suspicious about it being 'no cost' but after asking a lot of questions this seems to be the case. I believe it's only available on some plans though.

I think their family share plan is required (which is what I have). It's on their website but I don't have time to research it.

Remember riders - phone to phone texting while in Mexico between riders works like a charm just like texting to and from home, so don't be afraid to try it or use that option in Mexico. For example if you get separated in Reynosa or anywhere there is cell coverage.

I think you mean 462.7500

JT made posts on this in this thread back in posts # 374 and 375, but the charts in those two posts don't match. The freequency for GMRS CH 7 that we use is from the chart in the second of those posts, #375, or 462.7125

I just tested my old Baofeng that I used last year on the recon with the new RR RH-5R where I manually input 462.7125 and they paired perfectly.

I could take the time to Google 462.7500 but I'm cooking a brisket while packing for tomorrow :rider:

No, the chart I'm looking at definitely says 462.725 for Channel 7 but apparently it's wrong anyway.

I'm glad I asked. I'll get the new chart printed and the radio re-programmed this afternoon.

Easy to do

Guys, remember your steel coated 4' or 6' bicycle cables and locks, preferably locks without keys to lose.

And when you're downrange in Mexico and you want to lock your bike to another object, make sure it isn't another motorcycle you're connecting your bike to without that owners permission.

DAMHIK :wary:

Easy to do

Guys, remember your steel coated 4' or 6' bicycle cables and locks, preferably locks without keys to lose.

And when you're downrange in Mexico and you want to lock your bike to another object, make sure it isn't another motorcycle you're connecting your bike to without that owners permission.

DAMHIK :wary:

Was that your bike I locked to? :nana:

Wellllllllllllllllllll I guess I don't need to pay rent next month anyway

ALRIGHT FINE

Anyone have a spare bed down in 'ol Mexico in their hotel room? All I need is a shower and I'll make the coffee in the morning. I tried calling this morning but no luck yet. If not, I suppose I'll just wing it when I get down there. Suppose I'll start packing after work today too.

See y'all tomorrow.

Moved into this thread.... I am going here come heck or high water.

Xilitla.jpg
[/IMG]

Check your PMs in a minute

Wellllllllllllllllllll I guess I don't need to pay rent next month anyway

ALRIGHT FINE

Anyone have a spare bed down in 'ol Mexico in their hotel room? All I need is a shower and I'll make the coffee in the morning. I tried calling this morning but no luck yet. If not, I suppose I'll just wing it when I get down there. Suppose I'll start packing after work today too.

See y'all tomorrow.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I was planning on being in mission by 1 or 2pm. Is that early enough to get all the border stuff done? Leaving from Georgetown early am if anyone needs a lift.
later taters

This may be a dumb questions but here goes....... to get your paperwork done do you drive across the bridge to the Mexico side, get all signed and paid up, and then head back across the bridge through US customs?

If this is the case I was thinking of driving straight there with the 2 bikes in the truck, get signed up and then head to the hotel to unload. Anything wrong with that plan?

That is the case

Subcomm and I plan to head straight from my house to the Anzalduas bridge to get this done, and then check in at the hotel.

With the amount of people going, small groups to get this done as you arrive versus going over in the evening in a large gathering will prevent :headbang: in line.

Like Trail Boss said, Saturday morning is not an option unless you want to watch while the majority take off and head downrange.

Just double checking, i have my last registration receipt and a copy of my title. Is that good enough to get a tvip? or do i need anything else? I can take my title if need be

Just double checking, i have my last registration receipt and a copy of my title. Is that good enough to get a tvip? or do i need anything else? I can take my title if need be

Whatever ownership document use, registration or title, has to be the original, not a copy, to present. You will also need copies of whichever you pick, but copies themselves won't work if you didn't bring the original to the border.

As mentioned before, you'll also need your passport (or passport card) as well as a credit or debit card to pay for the bond if you're not using cash.

So to review your original question, if you're using your registration, be sure its the original. If you're using your title, be sure its the original. Then bring 2 copies of whatever your presenting.

TIP!!!! Bring reading glasses and a pen to the Aduana!!!!!

They'll be out of pens and if you have one in an Aduana you can sell it for $50!!

If anyone is interested there's an app you can download to your smartphone that'll let you view the live bridge cameras.

For more info hit this link: https://www.mcallen.net/bridge-cameras

Just downloaded it and checked it out - but there are only 3 camera angles related to the Anzalduas bridge, and both don't show the waiting line on the Mexico side into the US, the view that would be most useful.

I was planning on being in mission by 1 or 2pm. Is that early enough to get all the border stuff done? Leaving from Georgetown early am if anyone needs a lift.
later taters

I believe the TVIP place closes late like 10 or 12 pm so you should be fine.

Back