• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Rundown - Redux

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Three friends - Bob, Garth, and Rich - spent a week riding adventure bikes in the mountains of northeastern Mexico. I have created a video ride report of our journeys. I hope you enjoy it.

Episode 1 - riding to Galeana

Episode 2 - riding to Tula, Garth goes down.

Episode 3 - fighting mud and a steep, rocky climb on our way to Xilitla

Episode 4 - visiting Mision de Bucareli and a most dramatic dual sport road

Episode 5 - Cascada de Tamasopo

Episode 6 - Puente de Dios and a lost drone

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make that video.

I guess cartel activity in that area is low?

I guess cartel activity in that area is low?
Yes, it is low. In all the years I've been riding in that part of Mexico, there really hasn't been any overt evidence of cartel activity.

Enjoyed the video and narration. I'm from Monterrey but I never really explored that part of the country, and I didn't get to ride motorcycles until I moved to the US. I hope I can do it sometime soon, retrace your ride. Thanks for sharing.

Next episode looks pretty good.

That helmet microphone sounds great.
Richard is keeping up with the times, he'll be posting Tik-tok videos soon šŸ˜‡

That helmet microphone sounds great.
Richard is keeping up with the times, he'll be posting Tik-tok videos soon [emoji56]

I have to give 100% of the credit to Tricepilot Bob. He has been an irreplaceable resource in helping me get the right equipment to make these kinds of videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intro music set the correct tone. The short drone shot added to the cinematic drama. I like it!

Think I need trip to Mexico. I have been thinking Baja. I know, different kind of trip.

Last edited:
Episode 2 is now on youtube. The link is in my first post above.

Is this the same route to Tula that some of us took in 2016 when we had the problems with the mud and got in really late? I'll never you forget you telling us it is a great road over the mountain as long as it doesn't ran. LOL Famous last words.

IMGP2487-L.jpg

IMGP2505-L.jpg

IMGP2493-XL.jpg

No, this was a different route and dirt road. On that trip we came from Ciudad Victoria and rode dirt south of the town of Juamave. On this trip we came from Galeana and rode dirt around the town of Miquihuana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, this was a different route and dirt road. On that trip we came from Ciudad Victoria and rode dirt south of the town of Juamave. On this trip we came from Galeana and rode dirt around the town of Miquihuana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I thought it looked different. It didn't dawn on me that we bunked in Cuidad Victoria the first night until you mentioned it.

@Simmons1 showed me a trick with the DCT AT on the K-Trail back in 2018.

He said to put it in manual mode, especially on the downhill sections so the bike wouldn't try to shift on you and you can use the motor to brake on the steep downhills.

Worked great. Saved my bacon on some steep, rocky, declines there.

@Simmons1 showed me a trick with the DCT AT on the K-Trail back in 2018.

He said to put it in manual mode, especially on the downhill sections so the bike wouldn't try to shift on you and you can use the motor to brake on the steep downhills.

Worked great. Saved my bacon on some steep, rocky, declines there.
Excellent! I had not thought of that. Great tip. Thank you very much.

Semi Thread Jack: Bret Tcaks has been posting videos about AT/DCT techniques.

I love in this video when he is talking to the screen all cool and his bike looks like it is smoking in the background. Then he turns around and looks startled.

Good memories of those roads and visiting Las Pozas close to Xilitla.

4th day is the best so far.
JT adopted amdog from that mission once upon a time. Restaurant is new to me also.
Screenshot_20201210-034239_Photos.jpg

Great stuff. This is so good, you need a theme song for the intro now.

How many episodes will there be in total?

Back