• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Salado Patio, Salado, TX

Reaction score
Want to share a great new Mexican place to eat in Salado,TX. The Salado Patio, owned by Sterling and Kathy Hamilton just opened at 109 Royal St(off main drag, south of Salado Creek). I was out for a ride today coming into Salado the backway off of Armstrong onto Royal and drove past the restaurant. The building has been vacant for awhile and with the grocer board out front announcing daily specials, I had to stop. I was there about 1400hrs or so and was only customer for awhile. This place is very clean and offers daily specials. I had fajitas for one, which was $11.00 including a nonalc beverage. I couldn't finish all my food, which was very good. Salsa and chips were great, the fajitas came with all fresh fixings. Rice and beans were very good. Sweet tea was excellent. There is a bar also. Sterling and Kathy are from Austin, moved to Salado and welcome TWTers. It's great to see this business on my ride route in Salado and everyone should give them a try. Their website is www.thesaladopatio.com.

Mark:eat:

I will be up that way for work next week I will give it a try, always works
to try new places on the company expense nickel

Thanks for the tip KO6, the Taco Bell on Adams is wearing thin!

What in the wide, wide world of sports are vegetarian fajitas? Menu looks good.

Want to share a great new Mexican place to eat in Salado,TX. The Salado Patio, owned by Sterling and Kathy Hamilton just opened at 109 Royal St(off main drag, south of Salado Creek). I was out for a ride today coming into Salado the backway off of Armstrong onto Royal and drove past the restaurant. The building has been vacant for awhile and with the grocer board out front announcing daily specials, I had to stop. I was there about 1400hrs or so and was only customer for awhile. This place is very clean and offers daily specials. I had fajitas for one, which was $11.00 including a nonalc beverage. I couldn't finish all my food, which was very good. Salsa and chips were great, the fajitas came with all fresh fixings. Rice and beans were very good. Sweet tea was excellent. There is a bar also. Sterling and Kathy are from Austin, moved to Salado and welcome TWTers. It's great to see this business on my ride route in Salado and everyone should give them a try. Their website is www.thesaladopatio.com.

Mark:eat:
I found myself in Salado for a late lunch on Sunday. I recalled this write up about this restaurant (Thanks Mark). I was NOT disappointed! I had the special 3 beef taco's, beans, rice, ice tea, chips & salsa for $7.75 Didn't have room for dessert but I WILL be back to try the Chocolate Jalapeno Pecan Pie. Food was excellent. So if you find yourself in Salado stop by this place for a bit to eat it is well worth it. Taking my wife on her next day off for lunch there. Here's some pictures.

What I got for $7.75
P1155351.jpg

Menu cover
P1155349.jpg

Didn't believe me on the Chocolate Jalapeno Pecan Pie huh?
P1155347.jpg

and the rest of the desserts
P1155352.jpg

Just had an OUTSTANDING three egg omelet with hash browns and coffee at the Patio! Omelet had bacon, cheese, grilled onions and bell peppers served with a bowl of salsa. Hash browns had some grilled squash(I think) with peppers. Very good!

I love that little town. I never noticed that place. I usually hit Cowboys BBQ. Now I have an excuse to load up and take a ride this afternoon. :rider::eat:

Back