• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

Hey Rod. We are here!
Fixd.....
We're here....
A shame about the trees
318d055322325761a8a4593096966303.jpg

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Had a fun, relaxing ride with these guys.
ab2c3b718506c975ba326b6fac970bf4.jpg

Hey Elio, are ya cold or somethin?
3da8451a1a40c678710880ffa867f11a.jpg

Partial shot of TWT family
234ff62958cb148fdb7e4508c65bfa77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shirts for those who couldnt come that I can send home with some DFW folks.
Anyone closer to me in Waco...I 'll get yours to ya.
Ron Stromer
El_Chamiso
Simmons1
big dave gs
Rick M

Dutchman ...yours is goin with Big Bird

Mr2Mch--if you or anyone else who is present would like my shirt (XL), please donate it. I appreciate your work on the rally and don't want to bother you with getting it to me.

And if I wasn't intrepid enough to brave the forecast winds, I don't *deserve* to wear the shirt. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was meaning to let you know we had made it to the event even tho you wrote us off :-)
By mistake
I'm glad ya'll made it.... I dont have any xtra tye dyed shirts left....Pat bought em both...but I do have some blue lime & tangerine xtras if ya want one
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
The long & winding road

819a52b209f3ce5fadbebfa9cfa5db52.jpg

Thanx Robert...for stayin out with me for a bit longer this afternoon

Last edited:
By mistake
I'm glad ya'll made it.... I dont have any xtra tye dyed shirts left....Pat bought em both...but I do have some blue lime & tangerine xtras if ya want one

Saul Goodman

I have no need for another shirt but I don’t want you to get stuck with the tab for any extra shirts. So I’ll buy one if no one else wants it.

Thanks for putting this event together. Ya done good!

Youre surely missin what hasta be one of the best ones yet.... Tenereacity ....and Strom A Thon....

Even though I wasn't able to stay for the weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship and riding on Thursday and Friday. Rod, thanks for leading us around Thursday. Burger at Alamo Springs was excellent!:eat: I think the goats follow after you find some of these back roads because they could surely never find them on their own.

Caught up with John (not sure of his handle, but he says everyone has one) in Hamilton Saturday afternoon. We were both ready for a coffee break from fighting the gusty headwinds as we weaved toward the MetroMess.

Thanks again for all the work you've done putting this together.

I enjoyed the banquet Saturday night in Kerrville. It was good to meet up with old friends and make new ones too. The food was delicious.

i-fbHZk95-L.jpg

Is that Scott Strance standing next to Carolyn? :lol2:

i-2V6z3gj-L.jpg

Riding was superb albeit a bit cold this morning at 38 degrees. Thanks again Rod for planning the event!

I look forward to the next Tenere/Stromathon even!

Ride safe,

RB

Last edited:
It was sure a thouroughly enjoyable 4 days...I tell ya what! We had a great crowd ...everyone sayin how much fun they had.
We kept the ride groups managable this year which was a BIG +
Wind was about the only thing that got unruly on us....well ..cept for that little lady near Cain City
Whats up with these pics??
6b8ebbec982b8491cdccf56633941868.jpg

RZ500rich's rear tire

878af29a998a151072b45a6b0a645aa5.jpg

But which one o these is Liteitup's...& which is mine??? Hmmm sumthin's not rite
bc96b2d4930c73980a5d91c3db0567ed.jpg

Almosta grand on the Ten over the last 4 days...& all fun...

Thanx ya'll... For makin the rally a hoot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I now have 4 rally shirts left if someone is interested....
3XLs in blue..lime & tangerine..
a 2XL in lime... $14 ea
long sleeve 3XL in blue SOLD
Thanx Donnie (Texas Oil Man)
Jus lemme kno...

Last edited:
Gina and JT thank you so much for having me along.
It was a great ride. Windy like crazy but loved it.

Rod thank you some much for putting this ride together.

Had a fun, relaxing ride with these guys.
ab2c3b718506c975ba326b6fac970bf4.jpg

Hey Elio, are ya cold or somethin?
3da8451a1a40c678710880ffa867f11a.jpg

Partial shot of TWT family
234ff62958cb148fdb7e4508c65bfa77.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Had an awesome time with y’all!

I've only made the last three or four, this one was hands down the best of the ones I've attended. Kudos to everyone involved. Mad props to Rod for organizing and Steve for leading our group. I call dibs on being in Steve's group for next year.

After lunch in Blanco we got asked by a 75-80 year old woman, "where you old farts from??!!"

One more trip,right?
e4bf071d77593c6a4a40bc090ecfdd95.jpg
MrgreenGenes said he had a flat on his way home to Waco....4 miles west of Adamsville....found a tack
He was just able to get a plug to hold....but the pump would only get to 24psi.....
Limped it home from there

I havent looked at my tires closely yet

I've only made the last three or four, this one was hands down the best of the ones I've attended. Kudos to everyone involved. Mad props to Rod for organizing and Steve for leading our group. I call dibs on being in Steve's group for next year.

After lunch in Blanco we got asked by a 75-80 year old woman, "where you old farts from??!!"

:lol2:

GREAT...:thumb:

With that tire and all....you are truly blessed. You deserve a new set for sure.

Last edited:
The long & winding road

819a52b209f3ce5fadbebfa9cfa5db52.jpg

Thanx Robert...for stayin out with me for a bit longer this afternoon
Rod, there seems to be an infinite number of rural, twisty, uninhabited roads in the Hill Country and you know at least 98 percent of them. I enjoyed following you at the Rally. As I was riding through all of the beautiful scenery I was thinking this is going to end soon. So, it was good to the last mile.

Thanks for ramrodding the Rally. You brought happiness to a lot of people.

Rod, there seems to be an infinite number of rural, twisty, uninhabited roads in the Hill Country and you know at least 98 percent of them. I enjoyed following you at the Rally. As I was riding through all of the beautiful scenery I was thinking this is going to end soon. So, it was good to the last mile.

Thanks for ramrodding the Rally. You brought happiness to a lot of people.

Well said Robert! You summed up my feelings well.

Thanx Robert......
Folks.....Id like ta giva BIG HOOPDYHOO to all who helped out this year....
Our ride leaders who gave everyone a fun experience... MacDaddy...Gina...maximus_flavius...grsa..vfaame... Yall did it right
Also a breakfast run by Peter (who didnt even have his bike...but did have a couple of buddies in tow) netted some kolaches & donuts for our campers... over&above!
Those of yall who are helping ferry t-shirts to others who couldnt come...V-lust...Big Bird... Thanx
Rusty Woodbutcher...for being our official group photographer....the pics came out great.....thankya thankya thankya
& The KOA for givin us special rates..providin coffee & givin us free roamin round the camp....
To Billy Gene's for a great supper Saturday
Kevin at Daniel Printing...the artwork on the shirts came out nicely...
& Susan at Allrec Awards....silkscreening the small order amongst much larger ones
Much appreciated...
.....Im sure Ive forgotten something....its Monday mornin

Jus BIG THANX!!!
(sorry if I sound like one of those Hollywood award shows)

Last edited:
Thanks for a great weekend everyone, and a special shout out to James and Josh for leading great rides.

Whoever told me it was going to be 40 degrees yesterday morning is full of it! It didn't crack 40 until I got to Lamesa!

That said, it was absolutely worth the 1805 miles I rode this weekend, and I got home in plenty of time for dinner.

See you next year.

Back