• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

Re: The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018

Hope ya can make it TG...
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Its gettn closer....
& I checked with the businesses involved...

KOA still has the 2 camp cabins available for $25 a nite... 1 full & a bunk

Hunter House has 5 rooms on hold for us at $75 a nite....

Billy Gene's Restaurant is ready for a crowd of 40+ hungry TWTers on Saturday evenin 6:30pm

T Shirts ordered & on schedule for pick up by me sometime before Apr 10th

We still need at least 3 more of yall who wouldnt mind leadin folks around either Friday...Saturday...or both.... Please consider the smaller ride groups that we could have with more leaders

.......& finally....I'll have a bluebonnet report comin up soon....weathers lookin nice the next few days

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Ok, the homeless trio are in. We made our site reservations at the KOA. Do we need to do some other registration? Meals? Or just show up?

How ‘bout shirts. How do we order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent ya some texts with all the info

I got a site next to The Trio. Need a couple of t shorts in large. Tan color on one, will let you know tomorrow on other color. There appears to be a few styles, right (?).

I got a site next to The Trio. Need a couple of t shorts in large. Tan color on one, will let you know tomorrow on other color. There appears to be a few styles, right (?).
RV site? rite.... Shirt order already sent in

Yes, rv site. Will check out other shirt colors and pm you tomorrow. Thanks.

Sure was hoping to make this one. Will be returning from a week long fishing trip on that Saturday.
Will be the final fishing trip before the annual fish fry in May. Starting it up after not having it last year. Had to get rid of my helper and find a new one which I was successful at doing.
This fishing trip is a yearly one on the same week every year which I cannot afford to miss.
Will be posting the date for the fish fry soon.

Have fun and ride safe all.

Ron

Yes, rv site. Will check out other shirt colors and pm you tomorrow. Thanks.
Ok...tried ta send ya a pm...but your box is full

& Ron.....I need some o that good ol fish...& all the other goodies folks bring..be lookin forward to the Fry

Last edited:

I don’t have a Strom or Tenere...but would like to attend none the less. I am not sure if camping or hotelling yet.
Would like to tag on to Gina’s ride if there room.

I don’t have a Strom or Tenere...but would like to attend none the less. I am not sure if camping or hotelling yet.
Would like to tag on to Gina’s ride if there room.
Camping - will call KOA in the morning.
Youre on the list....camping & Gina's Saturday ride... which is now at its max of 8 bikes

For anyone else thinkin this event is only for Stroms & Teneres.... Its not...these are only the host bikes....
ANY TYPE OR BRAND OF MOTORCYCLE IS MORE THAN WELCOME AT THIS LIL GET TOGETHER...the more ..the merrier

Last edited:

I'll be tryin to make the pizza gathering on Friday for lunch. That is a great pizza place.

Also, my planned route for Saturday is gonna be YUGE!

Gonna sink spurs at sunup (you can't ride all day if you dont start early); dirt road acrosst the Sisters to Camp Wood, over to Del Rio (lunch), Pecos River bridge, Langtry, Pandale to Juno (some more dirt), then backroads back to K'ville, hopefully in time for vittles. GPS shows 450 miles/ 8.5 hours of riding time. I'll be keeping the idiot grip twisted, with a bind on it. No doubling back or hollering whoa.

Aaron...I added a note on your ride post...
You..my friend are certainly carryin on in the tradition of Tom ( formerly slowoldguy)

Im heddn south as soon as this fog lifts this mornin...stayin in Fburg the nite...
Im hunting bwuebonnets...hhuuuuuh

Last edited:

I'll be tryin to make the pizza gathering on Friday for lunch. That is a great pizza place.

Also, my planned route for Saturday is gonna be YUGE!

Gonna sink spurs at sunup (you can't ride all day if you dont start early); dirt road acrosst the Sisters to Camp Wood, over to Del Rio (lunch), Pecos River bridge, Langtry, Pandale to Juno (some more dirt), then backroads back to K'ville, hopefully in time for vittles. GPS shows 450 miles/ 8.5 hours of riding time. I'll be keeping the idiot grip twisted, with a bind on it. No doubling back or hollering whoa.

Wow! That's ambitious. Doable if nothing goes wrong. Better be a smaller group than last week. I'd be in but I'm already committed to Mac's ride (happily so).

What time on Friday for pizza? I'll try to make that.

Last edited:

Ok...tried ta send ya a pm...but your box is full

& Ron.....I need some o that good ol fish...& all the other goodies folks bring..be lookin forward to the Fry

Sorry for the full box, I just cleared it out. Please resend pm.
Thanks

Wow! That's ambitious. Doable if nothing goes wrong. Better be a smaller group than last week. I'd be in but I'm already committed to Mac's ride (happily so).

What time on Friday for pizza? I'll try to make that.
Friday lunch will prob be 1ish

Plans changing!
I have now reserved at Hunter House instead.
I am coming in Thursday afternoon.
Rod - I would like to join your Friday ride.

Tent Camping reservation made today for Thur, Fri and Sat. I asked the lady there for the TWT group rate of 5.00 per night but she did not know about it and took a 25.00 deposit and told me that I could sort it out upon arrival to get the group rate.

Anyone know of their trees in the tent area that could be used for hammock camping?

Aaron...I added a note on your ride post...
You..my friend are certainly carryin on in the tradition of Tom ( formerly slowoldguy)

Im heddn south as soon as this fog lifts this mornin...stayin in Fburg the nite...
Im hunting bwuebonnets...hhuuuuuh

About the biggest patch of bonnets I saw today....(Sorry for the blurry pic)
9b24cbcc975d1c240ae97f9a15d2b79f.jpg

Of course the main highways like 71 & 16...(prob 29 too) are lined with bluebonnets. I saw some on RM2323 & 965 too...but not as many as I'd hoped ta see.
Mostly up in Llano County. Hardly any on Althaus-Davis Rd....or on Llano CR113
I didnt do Willow Loop
Tomorro Im lookin for a few good roads
298dac98217737799ff40e84fe518432.jpg

Last edited:
Who knew a $7 pecan pie could be soooo compact....2 scoops at Clear River Ice Cream in Fburg.....!!#!!!
(I hate ta tell ya whoever owns the shop...)
Braums has ya beat by about $5...& tastes as good

I’m planning to ride with MacDaddy on this great adventure. Can’t wait.

Blurry pics :ponder:Has mr2mch been samplin the magic mushrooms along with the bluebonnets?

What day do I put ya down for??
Or is it that youre riding down with him Thurs ...& meetn me in Waco

Yea we’re riding down together. I plan to ride with him each day. We’re sharing the room too.

Back