• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Texan Cafe - Hutto, TX

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
Where: Downtown Hutto ( look for the Sirlion Stockade Bulls head, down town is one street two blocks long) Main Street
What: Good Texas style grub at reasonable prices.
No lees than 10 as many as 14 differant "pies"
When : Tuesday thru Saturday 10 am to 8 pm,
Pie Happy Hour 2 to 5 daily, pie with a drink $2.95

Where is Hutto?

Re: The Texan Cafe

The scariest part is regarding the cow head out front. The rest of the beheaded body stands tail-end out at the old location, waiting for TxDoT to widen 79.

It looks kinda freaky, a giant headless cow looking off into the corn fields.

My wife loves the place, I like it, but since we're both dieting we haven't been lately. What's the point of diet pie?

hey im new to the site, but i saw this and post and started laughing to myself. I am actually from hutto originally. Texan Cafe is great place to eat, i love little cafe's like this one.

I live in Round Rock and have a membership to a private ski lake just past Hutto in Frameswitch.

I've never stopped at the Texan Cafe, but I will now:eat:

Thanks for the Info.

is that the longhorn ski lake? i think that is what its called or associated with.

kris02 said:
is that the longhorn ski lake? i think that is what its called or associated with.

Yes, it is the UT ski lake. The official name is the Frameswitch Ski Lakes, but the University of Texas Water Ski Team trains out there and ever puts on a tournament every now and then.

I can now vouch for the tastiness of the Turkey BLT and sweet potato fries. :drool: :thumb:

84691226-M.jpg

Big thumbs up on their nana puddin too! (Ok, I was so hungry I scarfed down my food before I could remember to take a picture...)

pierunhutto060jm1.jpg

Come to think of it, I didn't see Leeroy there, but there were many people, and I was fixated on getting lunch so I could have pie.

Back