• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Texas Alps - TWT Goes to Colorado

Life happens... It's been a strange year up north with snow and debris issues. Might be a better time for gathering a group. I'll be heading that way in the next few days but treading lightly in lower elevation for a while.

Looks like we have settled on September 21st through October 1st for a trip starting in Ouray for a few days, then to Crested Butte for the last half. Hope to run into someone up there at that time, starting to work on tracks for two up and single track !!! Getting excited.

My wife and I are heading up to Ouray on 7/31 and riding for a few days. Then we need to be in Durango on Mon 8/5. After that we heading to north Divide/Terryall area. I've been wanting to ride the 717 loop for awhile now and it looks like it will happen this time. If anyone is around give me a shout, I'll be on the 500 so staying off the streets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Sept date is asking to get caught in the first snow of the season. 8 of 10 years we were there we saw a late Sept drop of 6"-8" at 8300' where we lived. It may set you back a day and then melts fast and on you go for another month before much else happens. I'm going to run to UT parks instead of CO about the same period. Even there , they always say, "the sun is your friend".

Back