• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The VFD Fundraiser Ride To Eat Thread

The oysters were superb. and the serving portions were huge! Highly recommend folks put this on their calendar for next year.

Can't thank Jeff, Lynne and Richard enough for letting me tag along and slowing them down. It was pretty obvious I haven't done much (hardly any at all, really) gravel. I enjoyed it very much... when i got home that night, i sat down on the couch and closed my eyes....and saw gravel road passing before my eyes. What does that mean, I wonder. Felt kinda like when you've got your sea legs and then you get off the boat...

R-man, awesome pix! Thanks for everything.

Was a great weekend, starting Saturday with the full house at Jay Cafe in Needville, camping at SFA state park, then Sunday's Columbus VFD feast, then gravel roads, seeing Many Thunder's place and Road Thing's digs.... topped off by relaxing solo ride thru pretty country to get home right at dark.

Thanks, TWT!

Seeing gravel with your eyes closed at night means another smaller,more dirt worthy bike is in your future. Lol

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Just a heads up. My fire department is doing there annual pancake supper this Saturday evening for any and all wishing to come dine with us:eat: Lots of great riding close also:trust:
C5C1BFB3-8B5A-451D-AA81-3683ACBBDB3F_zpsoltvcwnq.jpg

April 19 the Paige VFD (on 290) will be having their BBQ Chicken to go fund raiser, also pet Rabies Vaccination and Fire extinguishers refill and sale. Chickens go on sale at 11am then Vaccination and extinguisher start at 12 noon till 2pm. At the Paige VFD station.

Hey everyone, just noticed this thread has over 10,000 views! :eek2: Very cool, thank you all. :sun: :clap: :thumb:

Here's a couple coming up in May.

Bleiblerville.

20140418_164237_zpsf64ae213.jpg

Shelby.

20140418_164246_zps3dfd7597.jpg

Also, Round Top/Warrenton (Craig :trust:) is sometime in May but I haven't seen a flyer yet. I'll post one when I see it.

April 19 the Paige VFD (on 290) will be having their BBQ Chicken to go fund raiser, also pet Rabies Vaccination and Fire extinguishers refill and sale. Chickens go on sale at 11am then Vaccination and extinguisher start at 12 noon till 2pm. At the Paige VFD station.
Anyone going to Paige tomorrow? Take out only? Wonder if they have any picnic tables set up for folks on the road.

Quick bump for my brothers in Paige on 290 in Bastrop County.

Will make the detour to Fayetteville tomorrow if not too late coming back from Peace Officer Memorial Fund Ride in Austin.

Jeff is riding in Llano this weekend. Are you meeting for lunch? Lynne

Last edited:
Nice ride today!

Shelby VFD fundraiser is the 4th Sunday in May, I make that the 25th.

It was a pleasure to see y'all, and a fine day for riding.

I think that 4jranch gets the long distance award for fundraiser attendees. Nice shortcut he found from Brenham to Fayetteville via Llano and Kerrville.

Back