• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Woodlands/North Houston off-road/dirt roads?

You'll have to at least get past the Willis area as far as I know. There's Sterling Ranch for short off road. And as you said forest roads and trails in the forest. It's really not that far from you.

You are right, it's not THAT far. But it is further than what I would consider to be convenient, and I do not want to pay 20$ to be able to drive on dirt all day, when I just want to go out for 30 minutes.

You are right, it's not THAT far. But it is further than what I would consider to be convenient, and I do not want to pay 20$ to be able to drive on dirt all day, when I just want to go out for 30 minutes.
If near the intersection of Hwy 59 and 242 is not too far for you PM me for directions.

Sent from my 100015685-A using Tapatalk

Wonder if OP went out and found some dirt to ride?? And where?

Not going to be a whole lot of dirt in your area. You generally have to start getting North of FM 1488 and West of I-45. Even there, you see more as you keep heading North away from the creeping urbanity... If you come up my direction, there are loads of dirt roads.

Reactions: fly
Last edited:
When I need to test gear or get a little heart rate up I head over to the Hwy 99 underpass passed Birnham Woods. Do a few laps.
Ride some sand, water & woods. Practice your camping. You'll be done in a half hour or 45min. Head home with gas and a car wash on the way.
I have some other spots, but I'm selfish and hold them for myself right now. :trust:

HOTT

Hott, I live real close to that spot on 99. Anyone ever give you any trouble for riding out there? Every time I loop under there I see a ton of activity.

No trouble at all. I try not to bother folks that are fishing in the back pond area. I mostly head over there 4-6:00pm during the week and usually don't see anyone.
There was a group of RC guys there for a while, but haven't seen them lately. (Correction; It's actually the 99 bridge over the San Jacinto.)

HOTT

I'm right there too. Fox Run subdivision. I need to work on my "off pavement" skills. might need better tires first.

In Humble in the early 70's before Kingwood was even started we used to have lots of old oil field service roads to explore and hone our dirt sliding skills. I lived in Forest Cove, which is now Kings Cove and Kwood was nothing but tight cow trails and a couple long tight sandy spooky three string banjo roads to no where that we explored. It was a great time/place to grow up and learn to ride back then...

Last edited:
Yes sir. The thick canopy above us would let you see your headlight in the middle of the day. When you're 12 or 13 and miles from home riding where you most likely shouldn't be, yeah, it was spooky.

I went bicycle riding with a good friend from Kingwood this summer. We went All through Forest Cove. There isnā€™t even an old golf course there that is half closed. All the flood houses have either been torn down or now 20 feet in the air. It is a blast back in time and an even looks like a few people ride in small beach areas on the San Jacinto River.

Yep, I've heard. Sad. Spent a lot of time at the FC Country Club with my family and the occasional midnight fairway ride. There were even enough like minded individuals to start the "Cove Cyle Club" at one time.

Back