• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Yacht Club - Bastrop, TX

Reaction score
What: Everything from burgers to steaks

A number of weeks ago, folks on the Motorycle Tourer's Forum decided to do a Ride To Eat at the Yacht Club in Bastrop, TX. I wasn't able to make it (time, not distance, being the problem), but figured if it was worth Ride To Eat status, it'd be worth a visit.

I had a chance to subsequently eat there, and it's a fun place. It's in a quaint little set of tourist trap-, er, shops right by the bridge over the Colorado River in downtown Bastrop.

I had the burger, which was a juicy, messy bit of cholesterol-soaked heaven on sourdough. :twisted:

The atmosphere is nice, the view of the river is pleasant, and it's just minutes from Park Road 1 in Bastrop State Park. :chug:

yachtsm.jpg

yachtintsm.jpg

yachtextsm.jpg

Where:
Yacht Club, 601 Chestnut St., Bastrop, TX
512-321-2545

Directions: Head Southeast from Austin on Hwy 71, or take 95 to get to Bastrop. Get on the 150 loop (which is also 21 per MapQuest) and make your way to the 'historic district'. Chestnut St. is essentially an alley that is the first turn east of the Colorado River, and is the site of a bunch of eclectic little shops.

Back