• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

there will come a day, but not this day...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
When I was 63 I quit doing vintage MX, not as tough as modern moto cross, but think of riding your bike with less than half of its suspension and you will get the picture. My street bikes have more suspension travel than my 72 BSA, or my Bultaco/ Montesa/ Puch. So at 75 I am settling for my 790 Adventure, V Strom etc. But I quit MX because I was no longer competitive, that’s where it will end, when it’s no fun, or I can’t keep up on a normal street ride.
GRU, you pegged it. My first MX was in 70 and my last Harescramble was in 2010. That's fourty years of Texas racing and get down boogie trail riding with a pretty quick bunch of talented buds. Lots of fun, memories, aches and pains that I wouldn't trade for anything. But, to be honest four decades of riding the same o same o got a bit old for ME. Adventure riding on my 990 seems to have lit a bit of a fire in me again and I intend to keep riding until I can't lift a leg to climb on. Heck, when that day comes I'll probably get a Ural sidecar rig...:rider:

Back