• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

They’re Approved

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
Two more Iron Butt Rides are approved.

Amazing.
I am thinking of doing the "Ride around Texas" route at some point in time, but taking my time (more like 5-6 days vs 3-3.5 or ).
A 1000 miles in a day, I believe I could do that (need to work my way up to it first).

Yes Sir Ray, I’m the proud owner of a “1500+ miles in 24 Hours”, plate frame.

I do use a spot3, I feel better being out on desolate roads by myself that rescue is only a button push away.
But my SWconnect also tracked. Only difference is waiting on cell signal to update and no “come save my *** button “.
That is quite the accomplishment! Was there cell coverage the whole way or was a SPOT like tracker needed?

For reference: http://www.ironbutt.com/rules/spotwalla.htm

Congrats Tim. I did a BBG back in 2012(?) but never submitted. Perhaps if I can find the paperwork/receipts after this next move I'll put it in for approval. It was without a doubt the toughest one I've ever ridden; the 50CC was a piece of cake in comparison.

Thanks Brian. I got notice that this year’s BAT Party is cancelled. So, since I had planned to attend, I now have a window to do some other ride.

I’m thinking about the 50cc, east to west. I spoke with Jose at the Taylor Motel in Van Horn earlier today, what a pleasant guy. He said he would accommodate me with a early check in. Having done a BBS1500 in March from Jacksonville, my timing would put me in Van Horn around 09:00. That allows me to hit Houston about midnight and San Antonio about 02:30. Trying to miss the traffic as much as possible. I’m thinking I’ll attempt another BBG nestled in the 50cc.

All this is subject to being fubar, depending on test results and Dr.’s plans when I return to MD Anderson the first week of September. Cancer can kiss my butt.

Back