• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thinking of selling my cruiser

Reaction score
Hello every one I'm new to this forum found it while researching the Suzuki Bandit as a replacment for my current ride a 2007 Kawi vulcan 900 custom. That I've had for a year now .I really like the Vulcan but I feel the cruiser is just not my style.
I want something more like the old FJ 1100'something easy on the back but with lots of power also, and the bandit seems the only reasonable choice out there for new bikes that I can afford

I almost got a Bandit 1250 first but my wife talked me into getting a cruiser instead:doh: wish I had got the Bandit .

I went to three different bike shops in my area "Central Fl" . But no one had a Bandit not even a 600:roll: they told me that they can order me one no prob.
Seem's Like a lot of good info over here so I'll be dropping by Often and hopfully will be riding home a 1250 Bandit soon.

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott and welcome aboard! I also rode a Vulcan, years ago, a 1500. The ride posture didn't agree with my lower back and the lack of lean angle really limited the fun for me. I've been on a Bandit since last Summer and couldn't be happier. Best bang for the buck out there.

I have no problem with crusers, but I personally just like the feel of taller bikes, plus I just like the dual sport type of bikes, I ride with two guys that have Bandits and I like their bikes, probably a good choise on your part. But I'm with you, the FJR's, ST's, and Concours just have that look and feel.

John

I traded in a 06 BLVD C90 T for a new 07 Bandit, No regrets, cruisers are nice big heavy bikes, I just got tired of poor handling, plowing in the corners, 57 bhp on a 1500cc motor, whats up with that? I rode with a guy the other day, He had an older Kaw Concours, Those things are nice and quick even though the looks are a little dated, They are fine machines as well, Cant go wrong with the Bandit, smooth as silk, great handling and 100HP.

I go through this crap every five years or so, of going between cruiser and sport or standard. I've had the Bandit for 7 months now and think I've found my bike. I've owned 9 bikes over the past 30 years.

That's right Kurt, I'm a rookie compared to the collection you have. :eek2: Where did I see that pix? In the thread from **** I believe. I'll need to look that up again.

Good grief! I though I was bad. My question to you oh great motorcycle guru is which one's were your favorite and why?

Hands down, the Bandit. Best do it all bike ever and one of the least expensive. The Road King takes second for the cool factor and ride. Third would have to go to the GS, but the reliability issues and dealer network killed the joy.

That ZRX1200 in your pictures looks very nice...Very good looking bike...If you rate the bandit 1250 higher that's got to be saying something !

That ZRX1200 in your pictures looks very nice...Very good looking bike...If you rate the bandit 1250 higher that's got to be saying something !

My Bandit was the 2002 1200. With the GSX-R cams, stage 2 kit, full exhaust and ignition advancer, it would stomp the ZRX. It dyno'd at 134 hp. :mrgreen:

My Bandit was the 2002 1200. With the GSX-R cams, stage 2 kit, full exhaust and ignition advancer, it would stomp the ZRX. It dyno'd at 134 hp. :mrgreen:

That's impressive...How was the ride quality in comparison to your ZRX ?

The ZRX had a better stock suspension with damping controls, but I added heavier fork springs and a Progressive rear shock.

The ZRX had a better stock suspension with damping controls, but I added heavier fork springs and a Progressive rear shock.

Sorry for the thread hijack but one more question. What bike do you ride now?

I have three currently. Rhonda's Goldwing, an FJR and a Sportster. The Goldwing for touring and two up (first bike I could get Rhonda on for any distance), the FJR for pure fun in a reasonably light, comfortable and sporty package capable of hypersonic performance and the Sportster, well, I'm not sure why, but it sure is a fun little bike to just ride around. :rider:

I found my current ride in Ohio, flew up and drove it back. Along that same idea is look beyond central Florida, ride the cruiser up and the Bandit back. Make a day or two of it:trust: Pack your saddle bags!

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the replies and welcomes fellas, cant wait to take me a bandit home :pirate: but first I have to sell the vulcan because I dont want to get screwed on the trade in:wary:

How much are you wanting to sell the Vulcan for? Someone at work is interested in a cruiser for a 5'-0" lady friend of his. Got pix or other details about it?

How much are you wanting to sell the Vulcan for? Someone at work is interested in a cruiser for a 5'-0" lady friend of his. Got pix or other details about it?

6100 dollars that includes switchblade windshield, sissy bar, and saddlebags
it has just over 3000 miles and is a 900 custom vulcan "black" but I live in florida and would probably be less of a headache to sell locally

I was going to buy a Vulcan 900 the new 2008 green one was appealing
that is until i dug deeper and put my wife on the back seat...
good for about an hour...i sat on the back seat myself as a comparo... nope
not good for a pillion.

After research revealed that the Vulcan was 48 horsepower & 270 kgs
dry weight the physics also told me nope...

A friend of mine said you dont need a cruiser because
1. They dont handle well
2. They dont accelerate well
3. They dont stop well
4. The torque is down low in the revs so thats where they are meant to be...

They look great but sometimes you need more than looks,

The Bandit 1250S is just a great all round bike which does everything well
with no technical issues... other than throttle slop (lateral movement)
and needing a radiator guard to which a remedy is real easy...

cheers arbee

Back