• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

This section is wierd

For many of us, growing up with these bikes that are now old, they are just funner to ride, they have soul and character that todays modern bikes just don't have, having to do a little work on em gives us a connection with the bike, I love bikes that take some fiddling to get started, most older bikes are slower and the motors make all kinds of rattles and pings depending on the weather and temps, maybe it's a faze I'm going through these days but that's what turns me on, I am a 1%er.

I may be a little wierd. Like SL350 said we (I don't know if I qualify to be a "restorer") but we are one percenters. I think everyone should like old bikes and ride them far and fast and often but the reality is we restore old bikes because we don't mind working on them and we are more comfortable riding them because we think we can fix them if they break down. Some people just aren't into working on their own bike whether it be old or new but they appreciate seeing an old one that has been resurrected. I am glad there are people patching up Busas and learning to work on them. They may be our future "restorers". :clap:

This. I am in the non-mechanically inclined group who wouldn't know the first thing about a restoration but sure does appreciate one that's been taken care of, and appreciates even more one that's still being ridden. :rider:

This. I am in the non-mechanically inclined group who wouldn't know the first thing about a restoration but sure does appreciate one that's been taken care of, and appreciates even more one that's still being ridden. :rider:

+2, though I am myself mechanically competent, I have no inclination toward the work itself. I love talking good restos at bike shows and whatnot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You young guys may change your minds when you get a bit older, have kids grow up and leave the house, and really miss the old Bandit or Connie. Next thing you know, someone will have one and offer it for $50. I can't emphasize enough the value of hobbies once you get along but not too far along.

You young guys may change your minds when you get a bit older, have kids grow up and leave the house, and really miss the old Bandit or Connie. Next thing you know, someone will have one and offer it for $50. I can't emphasize enough the value of hobbies once you get along but not too far along.

First thing first... Probably a 1988 Cutlass Supreme. Last of the G-bodies. T-tops, v8, bench seats. High school ride. :)

Then the Connie, of course. ;)

Back