• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

This "thing" I found up in Plainview today.

Reaction score
It still had all the stickers and tags on it from delivery. The tires still had the nipples on them.

AKrvL26.jpg

y2s9AKg.jpg

QacTYAN.jpg

That thing is a time capsule.

Last edited:
What year model is it? Did you buy it! Is it for sale?

hah I offered him the $300 in play money I had on me at the time, he declined lol. It's a 1998, I didn't dig out the VIN to confirm the how deep in the model run (how close to the last one) it was because I was terrified of scratching it or knocking it over or something haha

That thing is a time capsule.

It's unbelievable. He's got a 750 behind it with 700 miles on it...but a 0 miles 1100 is a little more impressive haha. I'm surprised he hasn't been hit up by Barber or something.

I just wonder what kind of work and expense would be required to get it on the road. I wouldn’t trust anything rubber or plastic that has to do with the mechanicals or fluids. Unless it’s going in a museum, I‘d rather have a 10k mile example with the mileage fairly consistent over the past 24 years

I just wonder what kind of work and expense would be required to get it on the road. I wouldn’t trust anything rubber or plastic that has to do with the mechanicals or fluids. Unless it’s going in a museum, I‘d rather have a 10k mile example with the mileage fairly consistent over the past 24 years

Tires and brakes, i highly doubt anything else would be risky. It’s never had oil or fuel in it. I highly doubt it’s value will ever be in being a street driven motorcycle.

Nice. I'd clean off the bird poo and childrens fingerprints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R1100
Despite tens of thousands of GSX-R1100s being produced and sold all over the world, original examples in good condition have become uncommon. Many were ridden hard and often crashed. As a result, they became and remain a popular starting point for streetfighter modifications and customs.
The bike is a tuner's favorite - all versions respond well to tuning and even early models can make 140 hp (104 kW) at the wheel with relative ease. Simple intake modifications and a good exhaust will yield upwards of 10 hp (7 kW) increase. More enthusiastic tuning will see 160 hp (119 kW) or more, and many drag racers use superchargers or turbochargers with this engine to break the 500 hp (370 kW) mark.

Tires and brakes, i highly doubt anything else would be risky. It’s never had oil or fuel in it. I highly doubt it’s value will ever be in being a street driven motorcycle.
I would be very concerned about putting eth fuel in a bike of that era.

Rolled out of the warehouse into the showroom...then from the showroom to a trailer when he sold the franchise...than off the trailer into his current warehouse. Quarter mile really isn't that far.

Back