• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: This time we mean it! Last Annual BBQ - 4/27. 10th year

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Scott and I (and my wife) have hosted this for the previous six years. This was a continuation of the tradition that started at Tricepilot's house and was held there for 3 years. Last year when we posted up, we said it would be the last one we'd do. But on the day of the event there was chatter that it would be better to end at 10 years rather than nine. We've had many days to ponder that idea and over a few beers while we were on vacation together we decided that the chatter was right and we should do one last year.

So, as in years past, Scott and I will take care of getting the meat and cooking it. I'll make a pot of spicy beans too. The rest is up to you all and in the past you all have been fantastic about sides and desserts. Oh, and drinks.

Time will be 1pm for eating. That should allow for time for people to ride/drive in, eat, visit, and make it home, just like on a Pie Run.

I'm in Round Rock, north side of Austin. Address is 8900 Brushygate CV, Austin 78717.

If you know what you are going to bring, please list add that to your attendee info. I'm going to set up the RSVP option, so respond to that and if you are bringing something, put that in the Notes field.

Oh yeah, there will be breakfast for the locals or people that are there early. Smoked fatties (sausage and other goodness) and maybe some of this for tacos:

In:

M38A1 - the chef!

You just use "Last One Ever" to drum up interest. But that's fine with me.
See ya'll there...

I'm pretty sure we mean it this time. I'm positive my wife means it. šŸ¤£

That should allow for time for people to ride/drive in, eat, visit, and make it home, just like on a Pie Run.

I think that is a Pei Run weekend :-P

Put me down for the spare room. I'll likely bring a kid that can sleep in the room with me.

I think that is a Pei Run weekend :-P

Put me down for the spare room. I'll likely bring a kid that can sleep in the room with me.

Ah, and the Pie Run is in Hutto too. One of my favorites. So who's going to volunteer to run grab a couple of pies and bring them to the BBQ so we can combine events?

Last edited:
Hmmm... I bet I could get from Hutto back to your place by 1:00pm... Maybe not eat lunch at the Cafe, just visit and kick tires, then grab some pie and head back over :ponder: The traffic in that area though... :puke:

I spend most of my time in RR so I'll be planning to attend. First year in Texas so unfortunately missed the previous 9 haha.

Hmmm... I bet I could get from Hutto back to your place by 1:00pm... Maybe not eat lunch at the Cafe, just visit and kick tires, then grab some pie and head back over :ponder: The traffic in that area though... :puke:

Toll road. Adds 10 miles, saves 20 minutes and a bunch of stop lights.

I do not think I have missed one before.... and my intentions are to come to the next 10!
Thanks Rusty, Veronica and Scott.

And I wish to try a Disco prepared taco for breakfast.

This might work out for me finally. I made one of the early ones, didn't realize till last year that it was still going, but couldn't make it due to being on call at work.

Anyone camping that weekend? do we need a separate camping thread?

It's a work day for me so 1pm is a no-go, wouldn't be able to arrive until about 5pm. Fond memories of the two we did attend though.

Arg. Well, I'm supposed to be in AR that weekend riding the Hillbilly Dualsport ride. I'll put this down as a backup incase I can't make the Hillbilly. Why do all the good events happen on the same weekend??? Hopefully I can make the one next year. I hear its going to be the last one...

Are you going to want a ride from the airport? We can figure something out, I'm sure.
Thanks, but I think I'm covered. I have family in the area, and will probably rent a car for the weekend.

Thanks, but I think I'm covered. I have family in the area, and will probably rent a car for the weekend.

Okay, sounds good. Glad you can make it. You have set the bar high. The Texas residents have no excuse about distance to make it to the BBQ.

Back