• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: This time we mean it! Last Annual BBQ - 4/27. 10th year

Okay, sounds good. Glad you can make it. You have set the bar high. The Texas residents have no excuse about distance to make it to the BBQ.
It's nice when you can use the family as an excuse ;)

I had somehow forgotten about TWT and was reminded of it thanks to the ADV Rider forum! I'll know by early April if I can make this event, would be great to meet fellow riders in the area. I actually own a food truck in Austin and would be happy to lend a hand cooking plus prep work (if I make it).

I had somehow forgotten about TWT and was reminded of it thanks to the ADV Rider forum! I'll know by early April if I can make this event, would be great to meet fellow riders in the area. I actually own a food truck in Austin and would be happy to lend a hand cooking plus prep work (if I make it).
Welcome back.
Funny, I had to read that 3x.
Either he won't help unless he makes the food OR
he won't be able to help unless he comes to the event.

yep, Jester has communicated 8 times so not sure if this is of any assitance or he's "jesting" us. Time to simply commit to what you WILL do or move on. Any free help is much appreciated I am sure. Almost all of us own a food truck of some sort, ( simple pickup with a camper and ice chests and a grill) . Those that can help, please step forward and communicate and with the hosts post haste would be my recommendation... Everyone needs to bring something for the crowd...

Jester, glad to have to come and join us. The cooking we do onsite mainly consists of us sitting around watching Scott put wood into the pit. The rest is potluck style. You might enjoy just hanging around instead of working, but everybody seems to help in some way when they show up.

Ok, just like the Katy Bike night, when I post up I'll be there my plans are changed.
I will be moving my daughter that day and probably that whole weekend!

Ok, just like the Katy Bike night, when I post up I'll be there my plans are changed.
I will be moving my daughter that day and probably that whole weekend!

No problems. It could always change again before then.

Well, it is getting close. We are starting to get the house back together. My wife was painting kitchen cabinets and I just got the door rehung. Now to pick up after that mess and straighten out the garage. I'm starting to get excited about the last BBQ.

We really need folks to sign up if there's a chance of attending the Last BBQ of this era. If you can't make it, you can change your reservation as such. Reason we need that info is to determine how much of what to purchase....

Okay, Adding my neighbors, family and a couple of other TWT folks that haven't posted, we are at 30. Tomorrow evening we buy meat so we'll base it on headcount at that time. And yes, we cook extra so don't feel like you can't show if you didn't RSVP, but post up if you are a maybe too so I have an idea.

And remember, there will be breakfast going on if you are in the area in the morning.

Oh, and if you want to hang out Friday night with the pitmaster and whoever, that is fine too. Tourmeister is staying here and it a real night owl.

Back