• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: This time we mean it! Last Annual BBQ - 4/27. 10th year

I'm trying to make it. The FJR is currently disassembled so I might be coming down on the GSX-S (eek! that seat!) if I can get everything lined up. Will be headed out from DFW that morning as we have Endgame on Friday night.

Anything needed that I can bring strapped to a sport bike?

Oh, and if you want to hang out Friday night with the pitmaster and whoever, that is fine too. Tourmeister is staying here and it a real night owl.

I think I'm heading that way on Friday afternoon. Do you have floor space available? I'll be there to help prep. Let me know what time is a good time to be there. Leaning towards riding there and back. Also may be hitting the pie run in Hutto after breakfast before the big meal if my labor isn't needed then.

Hanging out at the pit is an important part of the BBQ action.

Really sorry to have to miss this, I know I would have enjoyed it immensely.

I think I'm heading that way on Friday afternoon. Do you have floor space available? I'll be there to help prep. Let me know what time is a good time to be there. Leaning towards riding there and back. Also may be hitting the pie run in Hutto after breakfast before the big meal if my labor isn't needed then.

Hanging out at the pit is an important part of the BBQ action.

Friday night we have space. Things get tighter for Saturday night, but should have space.

Thanks Rusty and all involved.
I will attend.
I know how excited everyone is to hear this.
[emoji23]

ok, I am secretly monitoring and will probably swing by Sat aft. Just had a mini tornado hit my farm and destroy my two biggest trees, and blow water right through a window in the wierdest, most violent horizontal rainstorm I've ever seen. We shall see how far I get with the chainsaw by then...

Disco breakfast? Check
Breakfast Fatty's? Check

Brisket? Check
Pulled Pork? Check
Sausage? Check
Stuffed Pork Loin? Check (i need to find my butchers twine.... Hmmmm)

Disco breakfast? Check
Breakfast Fatty's? Check

Brisket? Check
Pulled Pork? Check
Sausage? Check
Stuffed Pork Loin? Check (i need to find my butchers twine.... Hmmmm)

I can bring my twine if you canā€™t find yours. Let me know. That assumes I can find mine. šŸ˜‚

Edit: Found It!

Last edited:
My plan is to arrive mid-morning on Sat, deliver some jalapeno cheese cornbread, eat anything that's ready, then head out probably noon-ish for other obligations.

Daveed, swing by my place on Friday and say hi on the way if you want to. I'll show ya the new camp site and what a mini tornado can do (or maybe its just a 60 mph windstorm), but it had all the hallmarks incuding the shelf cloud, then darkness and sound effects. Plus, I'll give you an IPA to help you navigate through the blind people in cages to Rustys.

PA :-)

Ok, I'm officially gonna come Sat around 2:00 and hang for a spell, to dodge work obligations at the farm. I just about get caught up then something else happens. Sheesh.

SWA's delayed my flight 2x now. Could be interesting, as I now have zero minutes of layover time in Dallas. I may end up flying like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove.
Waiting for a call back from SWA.

Last edited:
SWA's delayed my flight 2x now. Could be interesting, as I now have zero minutes of layover time in Dallas. I may end up flying like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove.
Waiting for a call back from SWA.

I have faith...besides, arriving on a bomb will mess up the backyard. šŸ¤£

Back