• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Those who have and those who will. Crash stories.

My biggest close call is a much better story than my one actual crash. I had sold my SV1000 and was without a bike for a while when I picked up an old V65 Magna. I rode it to work the first day I had it, which required a stretch in a two lane FM road. I was hot ridding around a curve and was met with a line of about four stopped cars. Somebody was waiting to turn left where NOBODY ever turns left.

I grabbed the brakes, only to find that 1984 brakes were nowhere near what I was accustomed to from my 2003 SV. I wasn’t gonna get stopped in time, so I had to make a decision. My decision (which in retrospect was a foolish one) was to head into the oncoming lane. The way the road curved I really couldn’t see down that lane very far. As I got over there I saw headlights coming right at me. I veered back to the right, still on the brakes. I locked up the rear about the time I hit the lane divider lines and flat tracked that sucker right between the incoming car in my left and the stopped on on my right. I ended up past all the stopped cars, back in my lane, and motored on to ride another day. That’s the one and only time I’ve ever lane split, and it was completely unintentional.
Then stopped at Wal-Mart for a fresh 6 pack of fruit of the loom's

Too many times... I am not sure what hurt worse, Hockey pucks and boards, or flying over the bars and tumbling. I had to quit one to start the other....lol

Then stopped at Wal-Mart for a fresh 6 pack of fruit of the loom's

Nah...I was young enough that the incident just furthered my belief that I was invincible. If it happened today I’d definitely need replacement undergarments.

Back