• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thoughts on Mainland Cycle Center in LaMarque

Reaction score
Anybody with first hand experience with Mainland in LaMarque? Considering a new KTM purchase and looking for feedback.

My two experiences, neither of which are horrible:

• When the Super Duke GT debuted, I went there to test ride it. I had a test ride, determined it was not for me, and had no pressure to buy.
  • I was shopping for a small bike and they were advertising duke 390s for ~$4,000. A quick call to enquire and that $4,000 became $6,000 out the door with added fees.
If you live in Port Aransas, I am not far from you. If you are having to travel anyways, TJ's Cycle in Austin is probably a better KTM option. No fees and no BS. Get BBQ in Lockhart on the way.

That was my thought too, but was hesitant to post it.

Just head up to TJ's and get a good deal and experience purchasing a KTM or Husky.

Bought my 1290 SAS there last October. Dealt with owner who introduced me to service manager and staff. Very informative but without the high pressure sales pitch. My take is that they sell more Kawasakis than anything else but I like the people and will definitely shop there the next time I'm ready to buy.

đź‘Ť
Got my 790R from this place last August. Best price I found within reasonable driving distance and the sales rep was 100% professional. Would definitely do biz with again.
On a side note- I had been thru a debacle:angryfire with another makes dealer network trying to get a comparable model and after that experience, Mainland was like the difference between night and day.

My experience was all good. I bought a used unit about 6 years ago. It was priced much lower than other similar units from other dealers. They took my trade-in at a reasonable price. The business went smoothly and they were all professional.

Haven't bought a bike from them, but did get a good, heavy TJ Rocket mesh jacket from them. Had an uber-fat man size that actually fit me in stock. I checked the price against online stores and I only paid around $10 more than the online prices; probably the same when you add sales tax. They do have some nice bikes at Mainland and generally have a full showroom (most models of Kawasaki and KTM).

Bought my 790 there, had a good buying experience and have continued to take it there for service work. Had a display that started getting some moisture in it, they got it replaced with no issues, and there have been a couple of recalls that they have handled with no problems. I have no complaints.

I use them, and recommend them. 2018 KTM 300 and 2021 KTM 500. Also used their service dept to mount and balance tires for my Suzuki. Same day service, with competitive prices.

IMG_20210707_144748_133.jpg

This 890 came from there, rider said it was best deal he could find. And he SHOPS hard for prices! regularly buys from Ok.

Back