• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thoughts on the 2017 Z650

Reaction score
Anybody ridden or own this bike? I sold my 2011 Versys 650 after I got my DRZ400SM and I miss having a bike friendlier for the open roads. I will be moving out of San Antonio city limits and the DRZ just isn't really a commuter, even with the big bore, fcr39 carb, and full exhaust.

Hopefully, I can get some idea as to what the Z650 ownership experience is like.. My dad has a FZ07 which is a killer bike that competes with the Kawasaki but I can't get the same bike as him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 497
Recent MC Commute video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKS33hbtTw"]2017 Kawasaki Z650 - MC Commute - YouTube[/ame]

I always think they're interesting, relatively real world reviews.

trey

It looks like I will be doing a demo ride on one next week at Woods Cycle in New Braunfels. I tried doing a demo with the Kawasaki dealer in Universal City and it was the worst experience I have ever had. The employee over there was down right insulting to the point that I told them to leave me alone. Never would I set foot in that store

Very decent review. Bottom line... go buy this :) and save a few grand.

Lol, I just sold my 2011 Versys. I wasn't using it after buying my DRZ. Now that I'll be moving out of the city limits, I need a better commuter. This weighs about 400 lbs where the Versys is 460. I'm a small guy so I will appreciate a small naked bike

Back