• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please Delete

That looks like so much fun. Thx for sharing......I can't wait to do it someday.

Post compliments regarding picture and story quality here.
:lol2:

Post compliments regarding picture and story quality here.
:lol2:

:rofl:

:tab Great report! Some of that around Lake City and Telluride brings back good memories. The weather is crazy and unpredictable out there. We went over Independence Pass in June and it was sleeting, raining, and snowing all at once! There was also a lot of lightning, not something fun when you are on one of the highest points around... The sleet/snow was sticking and freezing to our visors, making it really hard to see, but we could not open them because that was even worse! About forty-five minutes later, we were down in the valley below and it was sunny, clear, and about 85 degrees... :brainsnap

Awesome. What happened to your buddy's face? Seems it would be hard to ride without one :-P

What an awesome ride this must have been!! I know the pics and videos just don't do it justice. 2 yrs ago we took our family vacation to Colorado, we spent time in Ouray, Ridgeway and went to Telluride for a few hours, we got the same vibe about Telluride, very upscale, snobbish, well-to-doers there. We did meet some nice people there though. We drove hwy 550 down to Durango, an amazing hwy. The main difference between ya'lls trip and ours was we had to stay on asphalt and, oh yeah, we were in a minivan!! :doh:

I've been so busy last week that I FINALLY got a chance to sit down and read your report. That's what Sundays are for, right?!:sun:
That's a neat camera, did you ever have trouble with it hitting limbs and whatnot? Several of your rolling pics are quite good!:clap:

I've been so busy last week that I FINALLY got a chance to sit down and read your report. That's what Sundays are for, right?!:sun:
That's a neat camera, did you ever have trouble with it hitting limbs and whatnot? Several of your rolling pics are quite good!:clap:

Rman, I had the camera on my helmet the whole trip. I didn't have any problems except having to reach up and snap a shot. It wasn't a problem excempt once when I snapped a shot and was headed towards the ditch! If you noticed in the pictures, the first two days I had it mounted high and after that it was shorter.....well, in Lake City, I walked into our motel room with my helmet on and broke the camera right off! I was able to re-mount it and rode on. The only problem with the GoPro helmet cam is that I had to keep it on the whole time we were riding, therefore, it ate up the lithium AAA batteries in about 6-7 hrs. It pissed me off the first couple of days because I thought I was taking pictures when in fact the camera was dead. I didn't realize it until the end of the day.

Overall, the GoPro camera was well worth the money. It was waterproof, and that came in extremely handy with the weather we dealt with.

Back