• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Throttlemeister alternatives?

RECIT

Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Chapman
Throttlemeister is out of business and I am looking for another option for cruise control on an 01 vfr. I know the koako throttle lock is an option, but I was wondering if there are any others out there that get the TWTEX seal of approval?

Hate to be a shill but depending on your bar I.D. there's a heck of a TM deal in the FS section.

I searched 5 pages back and didn't find the ad. Can you link it for me please?

NVM, I found your ad. I don't think that size will work on my VFR.

If it would work on my connie it would already be gone! I'm curious to see what gets mentioned. This is something I need also.

For an inexpensive option there's Go-Cruise. Works OK, I preferred the plastic model to the metal one. Still got one on my Shiver,

Thanks folks for the recommendations. I've looked at the go-cruise and the atlas throttle lock already. I don't like the idea of the go-cruise because its not fixed to the bike and it looks like a clothes pin on the bar. The atlas looks out of place as well, it looks very clunky and many reviews have said there is some fiddling to do to get it to work correctly. And it takes up some space on the bar/grip area. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy the Kaoko. At $144 it is just more than I remember spending on the last throttlemeister I bought and I don't think it looks as good either.

Last edited:
I have an atlas on the FJR and after the first ride did not notice it being there at all, works well not perfect but nothing really will unless you go to a full automatic
cruise, as you still dont have the ability to have true speed control with any type of mechanical throttle stop. but they do work well in taking the pressure off on long stretches of road

None of them is perfect, given that they just hold a throttle opening, not a set speed. But I've found that with practice, I make slight adjustments for speed every few seconds without really having to think about it. And I'm able to keep a very loose grip with my right hand - sometimes more or less draped over the throttle. So I can ride a long time without my wrists & fingers getting tired.

I had a Kaoko on my '03 Sprint ST. Worked excellently and unike a TM it required no mods for fit.

Back