• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Re: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - Billy's - 11:00

I must be getting old or something. Last time I was there no one hit on me. Of course, all eyes seemed to glued on the jello wrestling pool. :lol2:

:rofl:

Be careful, it is raining really heavy on the roadways! Gonna go to Ken's.

RB

Re: New Meet Spot in Austin - Hot Rod Coffee Trailer

looks like we'll have a dry-ish window maybe for a couple hours. I'll probably risk getting wet and head to Ken's if it still looks that way at noon.

jeez...now that song is going to be stuck in my head all day
thanks guys :headbang:

The rain just now hit up on N. Lamar but it looks like it's moving fast. Hopefully in an hour it will be through and I'll head to Ken's to try out that new Monster Hog Dog Ken and Michael have created.

jeez...now that song is going to be stuck in my head all day
thanks guys :headbang:

Glad to be of service. Of course had I mentioned the song Afternoon Delight things coulda been worse. :trust:

... Afternoon Delight ... :trust:

=Ken's next hot dog creation :-P

also reminded me of a hilarious arrested development scene - gonna have to find that on youtube later

Nice seeing some of you. As my schedule permits, I can only be there till 1130. I'll stop by again sometime and try and get in a few more words.

Ken's "Blue-cheese SlawDawg" I think is my new favorite..... I'm up to three of them now strictly as a taste comparison exercise. :eat:

Wow, I can't imagine eating three of them in a visit. You must still be exercising a lot. :lol2:

Ken's "Blue-cheese SlawDawg" I think is my new favorite..... I'm up to three of them now strictly as a taste comparison exercise. :eat:

+1.......great dog! :clap:

Mike makes a very tasty mango smoothie. Left a little early to beat the next rain wave. Was on the upper deck just a quarter mile from my office's covered parking lot when the next wave washed over me. I know how you felt today GravelGuy. Soggy.
Yup....got it again in G-town! ;-). Soaked twice today...Heidenau's are good in the rain.....got me some wet gravel north of T'dale! :sun:

Last edited:

Wow, I can't imagine eating three of them in a visit. You must still be exercising a lot. :lol2:

No, I've had it three different times now and each time I think my MangoMadness slips a bit on the preferred scale.

In fact, I hope to recreate the secret recipe slaw this evening at the casa. :deal:

I think I'm going to try and recreate the blue-cheese slaw this evening...

Man, I could eat a plate of just that stuff. :eat:

So yesterday i got bored and i decided to go and find Billy's on Burnet, since i havnt been yet, and so that next chance i get i can finally go meet up with you guys.
I took burnet until i got to 183... and i started thinking i must have passed it already, but i continued on and rode a bit further....
i finally got frustrated and pulled over.. pulled out my gps on my phone... and low and behold i had stopped about a mile short ....

i didnt realize that this place was so far south!!!
not a bad ride, but id have been late when i show up, if i hadnt taken this ride... cause i was thinking i could just head out about 15 minutes early to meet you guys "on time".... now it looks like i gotta leave like 30-40 minutes early...
not a huge deal, just found it interesting. but now i know...
and knowing is half the battle!

So yesterday i got bored and i decided to go and find Billy's on Burnet, since i havnt been yet, and so that next chance i get i can finally go meet up with you guys.
I took burnet until i got to 183... and i started thinking i must have passed it already, but i continued on and rode a bit further....
i finally got frustrated and pulled over.. pulled out my gps on my phone... and low and behold i had stopped about a mile short ....

not a bad ride, but id have been late when i show up, if i hadnt taken this ride... cause i was thinking i could just head out about 15 minutes early to meet you guys "on time".... now it looks like i gotta leave like 30-40 minutes early...

:thumb:

Dusty, I ride in from Elgin and it's about 30 minutes for me. Totally worth it, this group is good. If you get there early enough you won't be relegated to the kid's table like I usually am.

Sometimes Dave is put at the kids table even when he gets there early.:eek2:
Tom

That is correct, Tom. the kids table is usually where the people who ride street bikes sit, away from the adventure and dual sport riders. Our table is more cooler.

That is correct, Tom. the kids table is usually where the people who ride street bikes sit, away from the adventure and dual sport riders. Our table is more cooler.

awwww, i ride street.. does that mean i am auto-kids table?

By the amount of adventure bike riders that don't ride to lunch but cage it on a regular basis I'd say they aren't as dedicated. ;-)

True, I caged it last week but I had my bikes front wheel in the truck so that counts.

Dave, throwing a temper tantrum will not get you away from the kid's table. :mrgreen:

Thats what us old timers call "North Austin".

:mrgreen:

I'm not sure "how far south" it is. I guess if you have to break from work you don't have much time. I don't have to since I don't start work until 3pm.

I'm old enough to throw tantrums when I want to.

Back