• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

How 'bout the last Thursday of 2017? Cloudy, 20% chance of rain and high of 47. If I do go it'll be in a truck or car.

Melody had hip surgery last Tuesday and is able to get around now without crutches so she doesn't need me around all day like the first few days. I was off for 6 days and was getting cabin fever so today (Christmas day) I get to go back to work. I'll be off Thursday though, haven't been to Billy's all month. Miss that cobra burger and fries.

Out for today. Had 10 or so family here to share Christmas dinner, 3 or 4 stayed the weekend. Now I'm sick. (flu or cold?) looks like we may be short a family member next year.......:eek2::trust:
Tom

Out. Waiting on my Christmas present (Dunlops) to be installed. Looking forward to many miles and many meals in 2018.

Out for today. Had 10 or so family here to share Christmas dinner, 3 or 4 stayed the weekend. Now I'm sick. (flu or cold?) looks like we may be short a family member next year.......:eek2::trust:
Tom
As the saying goes, you can choose your enemies but not your family. :giveup:

Gotta meeting on the 11th. They always seem to pick Thursday for the meeting.
I'm gonna create a study that says that the best day for meetings is Wednesday.:eek2:
Tom

Anybody else going to SCCA at COTA? I’m going to head out there tomorrow afternoon. It’s free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCBH

Forum Supporter
Good to see most of the regulars today, including Not Dave.

It looks like mo' rain well into next week in the hill country. That's not too bad, considering in Montana this week had an almost 90 degree temperature swing in one day...yes, this really happened Tuesday in Fort Belknap, Montana, thanks to Chinook winds causing the temperature to rise from an early-morning low of minus 37 degrees to an afternoon high of 45 degrees, a temperature change of 82 degrees in less than a day.

RB

FCBH

Forum Supporter
Spring riding is in full bloom

...met the Billy's regulars and talked shop today! It was good to see everyone. TexTom arrived on his new Triumph TigerXR 800. Congratulations on the awesome striple.

i-6bgDPt9-M.jpg

It seems that March has the TWTEX forum bursting with riding activity as folks are taking extended tours to all points west and south. Talking about the south, longtime Billy's enthusiasts ThomasM and JeffS are riding to Copper Canyon this month with a stop-over at Uncle's Big Bend Ride.

Forum member Axolotl and several other local TWTEX members are also heading to Mexico to the historic town Real de Catorce the next several weeks. This 'ghost-town' in the high and dry expanses of northern San Luis Potosí state was once a thriving silver mining settlement. It is located around 9,000 feet of elevation.

There is also a more formal ride planned to Mexico in June by the Texas Adventure Group. Mexico offers diversity of terrain almost unmatched in North America!

For those wanting to stay closer to home, there is the annual International Yamaha Tenere Meet and Ride in Kerrville, Texas on the April 13th. weekend.

Finally, there is one dude who just finished dual-sporting...on the ocean. He met some cool surfers along the way. Seriously, this is not a pipe dream. Check out the video below in full screen if possible.

Happy Trails,

RB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI"]Pipe Dream on KTM[/ame]

Last edited: