• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
First Name
Jeff
I've really had a hankering for one of those Sonoran hot dogs. I have a meeting until 12:15 and will see if I can sneak over there once I'm done...

How's everyone been doing with the Covid-19 controlling our lives? Just got back from a little ride today. Perfect riding weather here and cars actually get out of your way here! I see a lot more motorcycles here than there. Anyway, I stopped to snap a photo on my ride. Take care everyone!
IMG_4413-2.jpg

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Lucky dog. It's already August here. Supposed to be near 100. Stuart and I were riding back from the Crabtree's and we got passed by an angry woman in a double yellow zone. We followed her and when Stuart asked her why, she said we were going too slow.{ we were doing the speed limit-55]. She did get real close to me when she pulled back into the lane. The cops showed up and told her to calm down and obey the laws. Turns out she was late getting her teenage son to a hair appointment.:headbang:
So things haven't changed much in Austin.
TG

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
First Name
Jeff
Made it to the food trucks by Billy's today. I'd say they traffic is nearly up to normal. I'll try to come back tomorrow....

Not Dave

Forum Supporter
First Name
David
Last Name
Hogate
Just staying away from Austin as much as possible, nothing has changed there. I've picked up getting LP's for my listening pleasure at home.

Steve, I ordered a U-turn Audio Orbit turntable, made in the USA. Waiting for it to be built then shipped. Going to start collecting LP's again, going to get some 180g audiophile sometimes. My 80's record collection went away in the move to TX so starting over, basically.

My work schedule hasn't changed and I don't know anyone that has tested positive for the Wuhan virus though there's quite a few people I know, including myself, that most likely had it late last year or early this year. My doc says I could get an antibody test but he's not confident in it. Whatev's.

Tomorrow the bars are allowed to open at 25% capacity. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to find one at less than 250% tomorrow evening. We've been refilling crowlers and picking up craft beer now and then.

We'll be camping at Granger Lake next week now that they've opened up camping again. Melody has been home for over 2 months now, extended spring break.

I picked up a zero turn mower for the (about) 2 acres l mow, it's nice.

No riding this week, not much interest. Back to work Saturday.