• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Ski shores is great but new owners have decided to make it very expensive.
I like Billy's....probably since I don't go there much.
Go Pack Go !

Good ideas, Jeff!

I like the 5000.. I can walk there--if you've seen my garage, you understand--but I'm open minded. Mueller trailers are great. I'll almost always vote for outdoors.

Foxtrot has parking and picnic tables and krazy prices and doesn't take cash, but might be worth it just to flip their target customer demographic. I hear their espresso machine is fabulous and the cappuccino is both robust and balanced, despite the barista's lack of panache.

I'll go to Billy's, even, but only for the fellowship.

Thursday Billy's lunch is not dead just yet though has been on life support for some time now. It is a fairly old thread going on 14 years and has seen its heyday. I'm happy to have gotten my TWT start there and to have made many new friends.

So what to do about calling a non-Billy's mid week meet up? One would be to start a new thread each time someone wants to get together. This is what the Slacker Ride up in Bluff Dale does. They consistantly have a good turn out while rotating their lunch destinations. It's a good way to try new places. Maybe call the new thread Austin Slacker Lunch <date>.

That'll work, Slim! I like having one time-slot I can put on my calendar - to at least attempt to keep others from scheduling meeting in that slot. Should this be Thurs? Or Wed? Or y'all wanna just plan 'em as they come?

I think day of the week should be whatever the OP decides on. Also wherever as at least he'll get to eat where and when he decides. I don't think the restaurant needs to be limited to central Austin.

I'm in on whatever is decided. I kinda lean toward a place with a roof, 'cause I like airconditioning and heat. Plus the weather might not be a factor.
I do think the meet up is the main thing. I also vote for a mid-week time.
TG

OK, I'll plan on Billy's tomorrow... a lil before noon... but I like the 'different places, different days, different thread' plan. Slim: lead the way!

I still like Billy's. We recently purchased and will move into a house in Taylor. Been living full time in an RV since last July. Also, I will be getting a motorcycle again, hopefully in the next month or two.

I'll no longer need my Kubota zero turn 48" mower, if anyone wants to buy it. That will help fund the motorcycle. We moved into, gasp!, a subdivision.

I still like Billy's. We recently purchased and will move into a house in Taylor. Been living full time in an RV since last July. Also, I will be getting a motorcycle again, hopefully in the next month or two.

I'll no longer need my Kubota zero turn 48" mower, if anyone wants to buy it. That will help fund the motorcycle. We moved into, gasp!, a subdivision.
I've got a spare BMW K1600GT in my garage...

I have not made a lunch run in several years, I work in Gtown and I have a weird schedule. I sub for other drivers and it seems I am always needed on Thursday. I miss the chilly and the company. shoulthe current date?d I change the OP to reflect

I’m usually in Port A Wednesday through Friday but will definitely join when I’m here.
Look forward to catching up with y’all.

I'm out this Thursday, 3/9/23. It's moving day!!!!!!!! Don't want to miss that..............
TG

I'm still testing positive for covid so I'm avoiding crowds. I'm actually avoiding everything. I live in my man cave. My wife slides food under the door

I'll be riding to eat somewhere today... Any suggestions...

Scott and I will be there today, Friday 5/26, at 11:30am. Just in case anyone is bored and wants to hang out before the long weekend.

6/29/23
I am going to wander around in traffic and end up a lone biker at Billys on Burnet. I went last week and well I was the lone biker so a enjoyed some ice tea then went riding through traffic.
Anyone going besides me, myself and I make three!

Sorry Dave! I haven't been in a while and when I did show up last year was pretty much just Tom and I or by myself. I don't have a motorcycle and my only transportation now is a dually truck which I don't like driving there.

Maybe in the next month or two I'll have a motorbike and will start going to Billy's again. We now live in Taylor so even further away.

Back