• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Re: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - Billy's - 11:00

By the amount of adventure bike riders that don't ride to lunch but cage it on a regular basis I'd say they aren't as dedicated. ;-)

True, I caged it last week but I had my bikes front wheel in the truck so that counts.
I thought about caging it, but didnt wanna be "that guy" that shows up to meet some bikers without a bike... seemed kinda like a feaux pax or whatever it is called.

You still have a couple of days to straighten that out. :trust:
Short notice....... give me a break.

Thats what us old timers call "North Austin".

:mrgreen:
So then, what am i.... "SUPER far north"???? (im technically Austin, but i suppose depending on who you ask i could almost be considered Pflugerville.)

I'm not sure "how far south" it is. I guess if you have to break from work you don't have much time. I don't have to since I don't start work until 3pm.

I'm old enough to throw tantrums when I want to.

I dont work on Thursdays (thanks to shift change recently) I work nights now and have Thursdays off. Only real catch is what time did i go to bed Wednesday night and do i really want to get up in time to come meet a bunch of grungy biker dudes...oh wait, ive become one, what am i saying?!

I dont work on Thursdays (thanks to shift change recently) I work nights now and have Thursdays off. Only real catch is what time did i go to bed Wednesday night and do i really want to get up in time to come meet a bunch of grungy biker dudes...oh wait, ive become one, what am i saying?!

Well, since you're off all day, lunch starts about 10:45 AM (I assume) at the big table.:giveup:
Next up is afternoon tea at Ken's at 12:30. :mrgreen:

Well, since you're off all day, lunch starts about 10:45 AM (I assume) at the big table.:giveup:

Alex is letting you in before 11 now? sheesh. :eek2: :rofl:

Doors open at 11:00 (usually). Some show up before then and BS (I presume, I don't know cuz I'm not there) until the doors are unlocked.

Only "grungy" guy is Mark, a.k.a. Gravel KiLleR or Gravel Guy, and even then he isn't dirty but his bike is.

My parents will be staying with me this week so don't know if I'll be here for lunch or not. I could bring them but then they'd prolly cut me out of the will if they see who I associate with. My dad used to ride way back in the day but sold the bike back in the early 70's, I remember seeing it but not being on it. I was a wee lad.

Havnt found Ken's yet... i suppose that should be the next task...Unless you guys go there directly from Billy's? If thats the case i will just follow i suppose.

Doors open at 11:00 (usually). Some show up before then and BS (I presume, I don't know cuz I'm not there) until the doors are unlocked.

Only "grungy" guy is Mark, a.k.a. Gravel KiLleR or Gravel Guy, and even then he isn't dirty but his bike is.

My parents will be staying with me this week so don't know if I'll be here for lunch or not. I could bring them but then they'd prolly cut me out of the will if they see who I associate with. My dad used to ride way back in the day but sold the bike back in the early 70's, I remember seeing it but not being on it. I was a wee lad.
whats with the conflicting info?
Is it 10:45 or 11:00??? lol

I was talking to the line cook at Billy's and apparently, Michael Jackson's tour bus stopped by about 30 years ago. Michael was smitten by a waitress there called Billy. Based on Jackson's tour manager on Sixty Minutes recently on TV, the song Billy Jean was inspired by our Thursday lunch spot former waitress with webbed feet.

:clap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIfLxi5dLo"]Song Video[/ame]

Dusty, when you came south on Burnet you went right by Ken's (Hot Rod's trailer). It is about a mile north of 2222 and Burnet on the west side of the road.

Lunch at Billy's is still kind of officially at 11:30am, but most seem to have gravitated to 11am. Then some migrate to Ken's trailer around noon. Others just head straight for Ken's, targeting noon.

and don't feel bad about caging it. Depending on weather, work meetings and other factors, there is almost always one person that is on four wheels. I used to drive more than ride just because I didn't like riding in town. I got over it and wasn't teased about it. Or at least not when I was around...

Last edited:

Yoohoo, the day-glo boys will probably be attending!

DSC02546-1.jpg

Maybe in for today. Or just Ken's. Not sure.

I'm in for Kens for sure..... Might stop by Billys first?

Out. Lots of work related changes over the last few weeks, but I hope to make it next week.

Look who managed to show up early. This guy.

Was good to finally be able to meet up with you guys.
Nice to meet you all in person.

12 bikes and 15 people at Ken's. First time I've made it there for lunch. Enjoyed the blue cheese slaw dog immensely.

Another great Billy's/Ken session.

:clap:

RB

Was good to finally be able to meet up with you guys.
Nice to meet you all in person.

It was nice having two Red Kawasaki 250's parked together. I think yours is faster though. But only on pavement.

And I finally got to try the Blue Dog Special or whatever it's called. I may have to try a few more just to make sure but it may just have turned into my favorite. If M38 doesn't eat them all that is.

Just need to get me a few of those cool TWT stickers i saw on some of you guys' bikes....

M38A1's got'em, I think? Just PM him... Nice to meet you shanedman! :sun:

Just need to get me a few of those cool TWT stickers i saw on some of you guys' bikes....

I've got a bunch of TWTEX stickers. If someone could remind me I'll bring them next Thursday.

IN for this week (Oct 25). You have been warned.

Back