• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Going for a short ride and on to Billy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't make it. Co-worker's last day is today so we are doing a group lunch.

Spring riding is in full bloom

...met the Billy's regulars and talked shop today! It was good to see everyone. TexTom arrived on his new Triumph TigerXR 800. Congratulations on the awesome striple.

i-6bgDPt9-M.jpg

It seems that March has the TWTEX forum bursting with riding activity as folks are taking extended tours to all points west and south. Talking about the south, longtime Billy's enthusiasts ThomasM and JeffS are riding to Copper Canyon this month with a stop-over at Uncle's Big Bend Ride.

Forum member Axolotl and several other local TWTEX members are also heading to Mexico to the historic town Real de Catorce the next several weeks. This 'ghost-town' in the high and dry expanses of northern San Luis Potosí state was once a thriving silver mining settlement. It is located around 9,000 feet of elevation.

There is also a more formal ride planned to Mexico in June by the Texas Adventure Group. Mexico offers diversity of terrain almost unmatched in North America!

For those wanting to stay closer to home, there is the annual International Yamaha Tenere Meet and Ride in Kerrville, Texas on the April 13th. weekend.

Finally, there is one dude who just finished dual-sporting...on the ocean. He met some cool surfers along the way. Seriously, this is not a pipe dream. Check out the video below in full screen if possible.

Happy Trails,

RB

Pipe Dream on KTM

Thanks for the recap, Fred!! :clap: :sun:

Thanks for the recap, Fred!! :clap: :sun:

All the ADV news that is fit to print. I am trying to get Woodbutcher to take up the editorial duties but he is busy riding his German Goldwing around the state of Texas at this time.

:pirate:

Keep the shiny side up.

RB

Well I was thinkin' I'd slide by tomorrow, but things started happenin' here.. Still, lunch is important. Anybody gonna be there?

I wish. I'm taking Friday off so I'm afraid I'm getting stuff done at work so I can leave.

The motorcycle procession is heading to Kerrville to the Tenere International Rally.

:chug:

RB

Last edited:
I made the mistake of eating at Billy's last week. GOTTA stop doing that. Billy's food always sounds good, then I pay for it for the rest of the afternoon.

I'll be at the trailers around the corner from Billy's about noon. I'll walk over to Billy's after that.

Our horse needs me today. At least I might be able to take the 690 to go check on him.

Maybe next week at Billy's. And you're right about that, Jeff. Great pho at the trailer.

Headed to the trailers shortly.

I made the mistake of eating at Billy's last week. GOTTA stop doing that. Billy's food always sounds good, then I pay for it for the rest of the afternoon.

I'll be at the trailers around the corner from Billy's about noon. I'll walk over to Billy's after that.

Chili cheese fries are a risky proposition at best Jeff S. I stick with the safe and very satisfying veggie sandwich, aka adult grill cheese on rye. However I do want to try my first banh mi at the park sometime.

Warm weather and sunny skies brought out many of the lunchtime regulars. It was good to see the crew especially during the post-lunch tire kicking. Some highlights include:

ThomasM recently returned from riding his BMW GS throughout Northern Mexico. Last April while in Mexico, Thomas met up with another TWTEX rider, Texaspatrick and went repelling deep into a large cavern near Sotano de las Golondrinas.

JeffS is currently Honda XR'less after several thousand miles of heavy duty travel in Big Bend. His bike is undergoing a comprehensive maintenance service interval. Today, Jeff rode his bicycle to Billy's Restaurant.

Good to see the other members including TexTom, Indominate, and SlowGEEZR as well.

The large TWTEX sponsored dinner in Kerrville will be this Saturday @ Billy Gene's Restaurant on Hwy 27 @ 6:30. In addition, Rusty (WoodButcher) has finalized the plans for the annual BBQ4U at this house on May 12th.

Ride safe,

RB

Last edited:
That repelling trip with Patrick was last April.

Last month was copper canyon solo.

May 20th is the 9th anniversary. Who knew! So the 17th is that Thursday. I am pressed at work, short handed as it were, I do think I shall try to attend and enjoy a bowl of chili and a tea!

I won't be able to attend this year's anniversary celebration but thanks DaveC for starting this great weekly meet up all those many years ago.

Re: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Last edited:
Hi folks!

I haven't posted much here, but I'm planning on stopping by Billy's tomorrow. See y'all there!

-jcs

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I have got to get away from the office. Hopefully I can find enough time to make it down.

Back