• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

I've been wanting to try the banh mi at one of the trailers. They open at 12. I'll swing by Billy's after to see if anyone is around.

You guys ever tried banh mi @ lily's sandwich shop located inside that oriental grocery & eatery park nearby N. Lamar & Braker LN? I've been going there since they opened up shop at least 10 yrs ago. They bake their own french bread, and serve them up toasted. :chug:

anyhow, who's up for billy's tomorrow?
I need to head out there even though it's getting hotter than ****.

Yeah - I have. Pretty good one, and really good iced coffee - they use ice cream in them! My favorite Banh mi in Austin is in the shopping center on 183 with Din Ho and Ramen Tatsu Ya. Pho Van, I think. The wife and I go there probably once a week. But the trailer by Billy's makes darn good a banh mi, too. But I'm out for tomorrow...

OK - I'm in town and IN for the trailers at noon.

OK - I'm in town and IN for the trailers at noon.

I need to check in day of to see what's going down down at the trailers. Dessert doughnuts are always a good thing.

After Billy's I ran across Burnet Rd to get some Sriracha Brussels sprout takeout from Citizens for the Mrs..

Lunch anyone? It's gonna be a scorcher....

There were less than a table full of us yesterday and the place was not yet up to World Cup frenzy crowding just yet. If it hits the jam packed levels of four years ago I'll be at the trailers regardless of the heat.

I am going to try for Thursday at Billy's, July 26??? Trying to get as much time on the VFR as possible before it's gone. :argh: I know it will be hot but I will deal with it and smile just to be riding.

The Frisco is closing :nono: if no one posts up they are going to Billy's maybe I will see what the crowd is like there.

Sam

At the trailers. Mercifully cool out side, actually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Surprise! I showed up. Sorry Jeff, didn't know I was coming until I was already there and I didn't check the thread.

Despite the 100+ degrees, I had a great time chatting with the Billy's regulars. It was good to see Rusty and Sam too.

...next week the weather forecasters anticipate we might experience a rare summer cool front. According to their projections we can expect the high temperatures to not exceed 95 degrees.

:)

Be safe,

Fred

Anyone going to be at lunch tomorrow? This will be my first time, and hoping to find some good riding buddies.

Back