• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

I've really had a hankering for one of those Sonoran hot dogs. I have a meeting until 12:15 and will see if I can sneak over there once I'm done...

How's everyone been doing with the Covid-19 controlling our lives? Just got back from a little ride today. Perfect riding weather here and cars actually get out of your way here! I see a lot more motorcycles here than there. Anyway, I stopped to snap a photo on my ride. Take care everyone!
IMG_4413-2.jpg

Lucky dog. It's already August here. Supposed to be near 100. Stuart and I were riding back from the Crabtree's and we got passed by an angry woman in a double yellow zone. We followed her and when Stuart asked her why, she said we were going too slow.{ we were doing the speed limit-55]. She did get real close to me when she pulled back into the lane. The cops showed up and told her to calm down and obey the laws. Turns out she was late getting her teenage son to a hair appointment.:headbang:
So things haven't changed much in Austin.
TG

Made it to the food trucks by Billy's today. I'd say they traffic is nearly up to normal. I'll try to come back tomorrow....

Just staying away from Austin as much as possible, nothing has changed there. I've picked up getting LP's for my listening pleasure at home.

Steve, I ordered a U-turn Audio Orbit turntable, made in the USA. Waiting for it to be built then shipped. Going to start collecting LP's again, going to get some 180g audiophile sometimes. My 80's record collection went away in the move to TX so starting over, basically.

My work schedule hasn't changed and I don't know anyone that has tested positive for the Wuhan virus though there's quite a few people I know, including myself, that most likely had it late last year or early this year. My doc says I could get an antibody test but he's not confident in it. Whatev's.

Tomorrow the bars are allowed to open at 25% capacity. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to find one at less than 250% tomorrow evening. We've been refilling crowlers and picking up craft beer now and then.

We'll be camping at Granger Lake next week now that they've opened up camping again. Melody has been home for over 2 months now, extended spring break.

I picked up a zero turn mower for the (about) 2 acres l mow, it's nice.

No riding this week, not much interest. Back to work Saturday.

So much going on here, I have not logged into this site since May! What do I find? Dave bought a turntable and is getting back into records! That's great to see. I also notice no one else has posted in this thread since May. Sad, but understandable with Covid about. Y'all continue to take precautions and protect yourselves.

I've been down to Billy's a few times. In fact, I'm overdue, but I haven't been on a Thursday. I'm just glad they are still in business.

Also I'm glad you didn't mention the heat difference. I might have to ban you if you did. :rofl:

Austin is a cesspool so I'm done with them. No more Thursday lunches for me. The only reason I go to Austin now is to drop off someone at the jail.

Billy's was a good run for many years but I don't feel safe going to Austin anymore.

I've been down to Billy's a few times. In fact, I'm overdue, but I haven't been on a Thursday. I'm just glad they are still in business.

Also I'm glad you didn't mention the heat difference. I might have to ban you if you did. :rofl:
Weather has been fantastic, up until this week, where we've seen 90 degrees. Also, with the fires north and west of Denver, we've not had the best air quality for a few days. One fire, near Grand Junction, has burned over 75,000 acres and is still going strong!

Austin is a cesspool so I'm done with them. No more Thursday lunches for me. The only reason I go to Austin now is to drop off someone at the jail.

Billy's was a good run for many years but I don't feel safe going to Austin anymore.
Wow! That's too bad Dave. I guess you see an awful lot of the underbelly of Austin, that the rest of us don't see. Hope it gets better!

Weather has been fantastic, up until this week, where we've seen 90 degrees. Also, with the fires north and west of Denver, we've not had the best air quality for a few days. One fire, near Grand Junction, has burned over 75,000 acres and is still going strong!
Oh, I failed to mention that my combined electric and gas bills have been less than $50 a month!

The smoke in Breckenridge is nuts. Grand Junction fire made it bad, Glenwwod Springs and Ute fires made it even worse. Praying they get a handle on the fires or some rain soon.

The smoke is much less today. We actually had clear skies this morning, but a very slight smokey tint has returned this afternoon. I just walked some outside and didn't smell smoke. I sure hope they get these fires under control soon.

sorry Mark, didn't see your post until just now. I was actually down at the office today around lunch and could have made it.

sorry Mark, didn't see your post until just now. I was actually down at the office today around lunch and could have made it.
No worries. In the current environment I wasn't really sure if anyone would want to join. I just tried their hotdogs a few weeks ago. I've had about 5 since then. The bun they use is great. The only reason I didn't eat one for lunch today, my day off this week, I was craving fried chicken.

Those are crazy good hotdogs. I love the roasted pepper also. Carne Asana Fries are also yummy.
Might try to make it over there tomorrow...

The food trucks are just south of Billy's - literally around the corner on Burnet. There are three trailers there that I eat at regularly (T-Loc hotdogs discussed above, Thai, Falafel). Jew Boy burgers just left - and I'm hugely disappointed by that. Best burger in Austin, IMO. They are going brick & mortar I think. There's also a really good coffee trailer, and desert options.

And I'm heading there now :)

Last edited:
Back