• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

So Tom... my screen shows your last post as "Thursday at 11:16 am" that must have been last Thursday since this is Wednesday of this week. So...

Anyone for lunch tomorrow. Just checking since I will be practicing "preventative consumption" somewhere, would be better if it was in-between a couple of bike rides.

Sam

Alright. JT? Let those professors wait for some help. You need some lunch. Vinny? Still working nights? Woodbutcher? how are those programmers treating you? SlowGeezer? Dave C. you started this, about time you stopped for some lunch. Dao, got any trials stories to tell?

Sam

SlowGeezer moved outta town. Just means a longer ride.........
TG

I'm running by Cuznbob's to get some tires mounted this morning and depending on timing, I may run over to Billy's

Sorry, I didn't make it. Emails started coming in while the tires were getting mounted and I needed to help back to work.

It was a good ride in. Traffic was light compared to the last time I was there. Maybe the toll road thing is working...NOT!
Enjoyed the conversation and the ride which is all I could ask for. Thanks Guys.

Sam

Flashback from 02/21/13. Using a Contour helmet cam, not a great pic but it's decent. I believe that's Dave, Tom, Sam, Richard, Jeff, Mike, Greg and Tim (RIP).

FILE0446.JPG

FILE0445.JPG

Ahh, back in the good ol' days! 10 to 15 bikes was very common back then.
This was after lunch at Billy's. Then we started to go here regularly for lunch. Riding up Burnet road was a gamble until I figured out the back way. Good times.

I'm in for this week.
TG
I'm off 9/30 and 10/7, I still don't go to Austin for anything except if I'm taking someone to jail. I may make an exception for Billy's and the gang that I haven't seen in a long, long time.

Instead of lunch at Billy's I was taking a guy to jail for starting a fire in the middle of the street outside his mother's house. He's a meth user (they're everywhere). I ended up stopping at Jack-in-the-Box on the way back from booking. It's not the same.

Back